Introduce Better Functionality to Rogue League
issueid=6550 12-09-2019 01:46 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by SirTheta: 79
Introduce Better Functionality to Rogue League
rogueleague.org is too basic and is missing much needed functionality

Right now RogueLeague is extremely basic and is missing much needed functionality, making it borderline unusable for many purposes. Below in order of ease of implementation is a list of new functionality that I think should be added to rogueleague.org:
  • Add ability to sort by turns in addition to the default sorting by score.
  • Add functionality similar to Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup server highscore pages, cf. CAO highscore page. This includes being able to click on a username and going to a statistics page such as this one (mine) with data on the player's highest scores, list of wins, recent games in chronological order (one-line summary), table of race/class winning games and games played. Levels aren't important in ADOM as they are in DCSS, so that table can be disregarded. There are also streaks (cf. Sapher's page but that may be complicated and streaks aren't really important in the ADOM community). It also includes being able to click on score to bring up an flg, instead of bringing up the flg in an overlay -- I personally think this is much better for navigation, but you can ignore this point freely. Just implementing the first three tables from the linked statistics pages for Rogue League would make a huge difference.
  • Add basic functionality similar to US sports's stats reference websites, e.g. Basketball Reference's play index. The idea would be to allow players to build queries based on rudimentary parsing of some of the data in flg files: e.g. (a) show me all characters who won while only visiting 62/63 places (Lithium Man); (b) show me all characters who won who were not race=Troll who were under xl25; (c) show me all characters who won with class=Beastfighter and turncount under 50,000; (d) show me all the races in the top 100/250/500 scores, aggregated to a total per race (e.g. see Grond's cool work here, which could easily be automated); (e) show me all the wins between 20,000,000 and 40,000,000 in scoring that were completed in under 40,000 turns on a Drakeling Monk; (f) show me all the wins completed in under 2 hours real time; (g) show me all the wins completed in between 1 hour and 2 hours real time; (h) show me all the wins completed where the characters did not even stop to save themselves once; (i) show me all the wins where the characters killed less than 1,000 monsters; (j) etc.. This can be made more complex in the future once the framework is in place and kinks worked out, e.g. show me all characters who won without spells memorized.
Issue Details
Issue Number 6550
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 2
Suggested Version ADOM 3.3.4
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-05-2020 06:40 PM
This would be really cool and would get me to use RogueLeague