Ultra score for neutrals and lawfuls
issueid=2632 01-12-2014 04:57 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by grobblewobble: 72
Ultra score for neutrals and lawfuls

The score for ultra endings was increased in response to an earlier rfe. But only for ultra chaotic endings. If you are neutral or lawful you still get a very low score, like before.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2632
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Creator Feedback
Priority 6
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 20
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 3
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-12-2014 08:02 AM
Ancient Member
Well, the chaotic ultra ending is more work. So, it should score more. From my observations the lawful and neutral ones do score more than they used to.

01-12-2014 08:47 AM
Ancient Member
Why is it more work? For the sake of clarity, I am talking about the ending where you do all the same things as a UNE or ULE except that you crown chaotic instead of neutral / lawful. The Old Chaos God ending (where you retrieve the scepter) gives you a relatively low score and technically even counts as a death (you are eventually killed by a champion of law).

01-12-2014 09:03 AM
Ancient Member
At very high experience level you have to do alignment work, you have to play most part of the game without being crowned, you have to get more corruption removal as you have to enter the gate 'extremely corrupted' and gain corruption faster than the neutral god ending. ULE is the easiest as you can enter with zero corruption and minimal removal.

01-12-2014 09:25 AM
Ancient Member
The alignment work is easy, because becoming more chaotic is never difficult, even at high level. You do need to delay crowning for longer and you need more corruption removal. But does that mean the score has to be 10 times as high? Because that is how it seems to be at the moment.

On the UK server there are now 3 UCE wins and they are the top three scores, all between 150M and 200M points. There are also 3 ULE wins, all between 10M and 20M points. They rank below most of the normal gate closings. If I'm not mistaken, all those wins were p20.

01-12-2014 09:30 AM
Ancient Member
So, we agree UCG should score the highest? Still ULEs don't score less than normal gate closers, I agree they should score a little more. They do however score more than they used to?

01-12-2014 09:38 AM
Ancient Member
So, we agree UCG should score the highest?
Not really. You don't need to complete any extra quests and it's the most unhappy end of the three. There is sufficient corruption removal in the game that corruption is still manageable for a UCE, especially because saving Khelavaster is part of it. But it's not up to me, so no point arguing further.

Not sure if UL/NE receive more points than before. Maybe someone else knows.

01-12-2014 10:10 AM
Ancient Member
The problem with ULE is that you have to shift alignment from L to C and back to L+ in order to get 2 parts of the trinity.
Also corruption should not be a measure of difficulty in this case. You need to be extremely corrupted to enter chaos plane which is easily achieved.
At this point scrolls of corruption removal are easily obtained from guaranteed sources.
After this 2 such scrolls are enough to keep further corruption at bay and not turn into a purple j.
UCE are only marginally more difficult from ULE and only because Khelavaster does not summon the trident for chaotics.
Score difference is too vast to justify so little difference in difficulty.
As a side note, one of those ULE on UK server is mine and there is only one normal gate closer below me.
Last I checked, my char was #27. Everybody else below that, save for the single gate closer, is a char that died.
Most of the chars above are gate closers and there is even one failed archmage that starved without closing the gate.
This clearly shows that ULE score is still scaled very poorly, no matter if it was adjusted or not. If it was, then it's not enough by a large margin.

01-12-2014 11:48 AM
Ancient Member
Try a UCG, you'll see it's not the same difficulty. 2 scrolls is definitely not sufficient for Neutral and Chaotic endings, even those from Khelavaster is not sufficient. Corruption is definitely one of the measures how the difficulty should be rated.

01-12-2014 01:08 PM
Ancient Member
Corruption difficulties alone should not impact the score and make it 10 bigger than ULE.

ULE have even lower score rating than normal gate closers.
That is a bug, do we agree on that much Stingray?

01-12-2014 02:57 PM
Ancient Member
Yes, special endings should score more than normal endings.

01-12-2014 04:38 PM
Ancient Member
That is ultimately the point of this RFE. Right now they score less than normal endings.

01-12-2014 06:23 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Blasphemous
Also corruption should not be a measure of difficulty in this case. You need to be extremely corrupted to enter chaos plane which is easily achieved.
While I think this is a bug, certainly, corruption IS a measure of difficulty - having done a ULE and OCG (that didn't save Khelly, but still had 4.5 corruptions worth of corruption removal left when she defeated Andy), it's a lot harder entering as extremely corrupted because you have to be careful about what you get rid of in case you need to reroll stiff muscles or (now) flesh-ridden maggots and stuff - ULE's have a way easier time of it and should score lower than UCG and UNE (but obviously not by as much as they do).

01-13-2014 09:11 AM
Ancient Member
I do not dispute that ULE should have a lesser score than UCE, I can agree ULE is slightly easier. Foremost of all I want to point out that ULE is *much* more difficult than just closing the gate (which we all know) and yet ULE chars only place at the far end of hall of fame list.
The way I see it, UCE should get a 1.5 score multiplier versus UNE which in turn gets a 1.5 multiplier versus ULE. OCG should be around here somewhere too. ULE in turn should have a 3-4x score multiplier over normal gate closers.
Extremely powerful chars that have not closed the gate but died/left Drakalor Chain should get a penalty high enough to be trumped score-wise by even the weakest gate closers.

+ Reply