missing message on statue
issueid=3884 09-13-2015 01:50 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
missing message on statue

On the kobold holding baby human statue, if you pray it just tells you that you prayed to your god, and nothing else. I think something else is supposed to happen?

*EDIT another missing message. "When speed must be exceeded." statue, when kicked printed no message.

*EDIT another one, "The way home", no message when kick.

*EDIT another one, "humble yourself before the lord of the mountain lake", I prayed and no message was shown.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3884
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Not a Bug
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM r60
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-13-2015 05:06 PM
Huh? Statues have different effects depending on what you do to them, and some of them seem to (intentionally) have no effect at all regardless of step/pray/kick. Just because you prayed and nothing happened doesn't necessarily mean it's bugged.

09-14-2015 10:29 AM
Ancient Member
I didn't say nothing happened, I said no message was printed.

Like this:
"You pray to X."

That's it. Normally I'd get:
"You pray to X. Your prayer remains unheard."

It's like it printed an empty string where it should have been describing something.

Hmm, maybe it was hidden in the message buffer and it's actually just another instance of the bug where messages get cropped...

09-14-2015 04:43 PM
Ancient Member
Edited the OP since I found another missing message.

09-14-2015 05:59 PM
Ancient Member
Several more.

09-14-2015 08:46 PM
Maybe no message indicates that something actually happened? According to the talk section of the statue page on the wiki the effect can be as obscure as changing your character's hair color.

I vaguely remember having no messages when kicking statues too, by the way.

09-17-2015 12:23 PM
Ancient Member
This is very interesting. It really looks like something has happened, but no one knows what exactly!...

09-17-2015 04:21 PM
Administrator
Not all statues are fully implemented yet. If you receive no message then you've probably encountered one of them.

09-17-2015 06:05 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by jt
Not all statues are fully implemented yet. If you receive no message then you've probably encountered one of them.
Wonder if I dodged a bullet because of that fact. :)

+ Reply