Make Whirlwind a giant slayer
issueid=2808 04-12-2014 02:11 PM
Number of reported issues by YourMum: 6
Make Whirlwind a giant slayer

While whirlwind is no Black Tome or Cats Claw, it's still a bit of a booby prize to be rewarded with when crowned. Of the 3 artifact missile weapons it has the lowest stats and has the worst ammo available for it. I propose it's made a giant slayer (giants, cyclopses, titans etc) to make it a little bit better, citing the story of David vs Goliath for thematic reasoning. Waddaya think?

Edit: should say, I don't think this would make it overpowered as the much better bow has undead-slaying powers, and access to much better ammo. Unless slings become massively more powerful than bows and crossbows at higher skill levels and I've missed it...
Issue Details
Issue Number 2808
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 22
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-12-2014 02:31 PM
Ancient Member
Terrific idea, I'm definitely voting for it.
It's a DL:1 item which can occasionally spawn in SMC or just randomly in PC vault and it's always a shame since something much better of the same DL could have been obtained instead.
With giant slaying ability it would certainly be a step in the right direction to make it a bit better.

04-12-2014 03:40 PM
Ancient Member
You already get a bonus when using slings vs giants, I think.

04-12-2014 04:26 PM
Not seen it documented anywhere. Would be nice though!

07-10-2014 02:10 PM
Ancient Member
I wanna bump this up because it's such a cool idea and because in the last two games, I've found the sling each time and each game had a greater giant vault.
This would have actually made the sling a very useful thing there if it had giant slaying power.
As it is, it didn't do much against giants with the very small amount of sling bullets found and mediocre damage of the rocks.

07-10-2014 02:29 PM
Ancient Member
Hey, this is an awesome idea! +1.

+ Reply