allow one to undo and recast ones vote on an RFE
issueid=4094 11-24-2015 01:13 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
allow one to undo and recast ones vote on an RFE

But not more than one time--you get to rush and/or regret your vote once.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4094
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 11
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-24-2015 04:16 PM
Ancient Member
This and this should go under Website Development.

11-24-2015 04:25 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by anon123
This and this should go under Website Development.
It could, although whether it would get read by the right person is another question. Other RFE's that aren't targetted at the game itself have gone through. It would be nice if the 'category' drop-down menu could be set to 'website'.

11-24-2015 07:24 PM
Ancient Member
It's a good idea. I doubt we'll see it implemented though, as it is probably not contemplated by the out-of-the-box forum software this forum uses, and it would require custom coding that would be work for the devs, especially if they have to maintain it across forum updates...

Voting yes though, because the idea is good. It's for the dev team to decide whether it's worth the effort or not.

11-24-2015 10:22 PM
Voted no. This isn't some kind of game of wits; you should be able to change your vote if your mind changes. Letting you only do it once makes no sense. Most forums polls I've seen let you change your vote at any point if you want to.

11-25-2015 07:57 AM
Ancient Member
Yeah, I voted yes because one allowed change is more than zero, but I also think why not unlimited.

11-25-2015 08:32 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi
Yeah, I voted yes because one allowed change is more than zero, but I also think why not unlimited.
My tyrannical side again. I want people to treat votes with more weight and less casual flippancy than they apparently like to, so if they come to regret their vote once outside of simple mis-clicking, maybe it'll teach them what they were supposed to do the first time. And if people are flip-flopping too much it might be harder to get a clear idea of what the true figures actually are.

11-25-2015 04:12 PM
1 is better than 0 but there's no good reason for any limit at all. It's rare for somebody to want to change their mind... Multiple changes are very unlikely, but even if they are wanted they're not disruptive to anyone else.

Imagine someone misckicks then corrects themselves... Then in a few days changes their mind after discussion. That person has been locked out for no good reason.

You lose nothing by taking the limit away completely.

11-26-2015 12:07 AM
Tempting to suggest 'Yes' just because OPs are able to edit RFEs; while most do this for clarity, it could probably be abused by the unscrupulous. Also sometimes people don't understand an issue right away.
I'm worried about people changing their vote after falling out with another user or using it as a leverage though.
I also agree that multiple changes would be better than a single change. Maybe unlimited changes would work, or maybe a time-limited system where people could flip their vote up to two days later (to prevent the above problem & dev confusion).

One question - is it currently possible to have an admin change your vote for you in such an exceptional circumstance? If so this is (somewhat) less necessary and the admin acts as safeguard against foul play.

+ Reply