Make alignment hit for attacking neutrals depend on their + your alignment
issueid=1684 01-08-2013 02:35 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by SirTheta: 79
Make alignment hit for attacking neutrals depend on their + your alignment
There's a recent change that makes monsters turn neutral, causing you to take an alignment hit if you decide to attack them in this state. Rather than revert the change, let's change the structure of how alignment hits for attacking neutrals works.

Proposed:
if you are L, you can attack neutral monsters that are C without an alignment hit [this could be extended to NL, to mesh with NC below]
if you are N, you can attack neutral monsters that are C or L without an alignment hit
if you are C, you can attack any neutral monster without an alignment hit [this could be extended to NC, making for more interesting gameplay]

I think this helps solve a lot of the current issue, on its own--though it needs a little tweaking here or there (once you've injured something, it cannot suddenly not notice you, for instance [at least, I think I saw this happen]. a few other changes, as well). I also think it makes a lot of thematic sense (in fact, it is partially based on mechanics for Paladin boost) and meshes with the gods well. In addition, I think it offers a little more interesting gameplay, since *by far* the easiest way of getting to C- [or C, if NC is used above] is now non-existent, forcing the player to find another way--perhaps having to kill Twyat Pare. [well, I guess farmers & beggars would also work since I think they have an intrinsic alignment hit, but maybe that could be cut a little for C characters. maybe a further suggestion].
Issue Details
Issue Number 1684
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 9
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

+ Reply