Ring of Anchoring
issueid=2664 01-21-2014 01:33 PM
Number of reported issues by Iridia: 5
Ring of Anchoring
No Teleport for You!

I suggest adding another semi-cursed item, one with drawbacks and benefits.

Ring of Anchoring
Prevents the PC from teleporting under any circumstances.
Autocursing.
About as common as wedding rings.

The obvious drawback, of course, is that you can't teleport--and it's autocursing, so you might put it on and then not be able to get it off.

The obvious benefit is that you can put it on, read your books, and not worry about blipping all over the place thanks to teleportitis.

It would also be an alternate solution for teleportitis, so that Lawful characters and aspiring platinum girdle owners would be able to deal with the problem of random teleportation (but also remove its benefits) without slaughtering blink dogs.

It would stop the PC from being teleported into the Arena, as well. The Arena Master should be aware of this, and tell the PC to take off the ring so he can teleport them to the fight. And it would stop fairy dragons and teleport traps from working on the PC.

It would remove an annoyance, stop people from needing to travel to no-teleport zones to read books, and offer some extra options for strategy, without being too powerful.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2664
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 15
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-21-2014 02:01 PM
I do like the idea of having another way to deal with teleportitis, it is the main reason I do not pool sip. I can't ever seem to get a source of control when so afflicted, so this gets my vote.

01-21-2014 02:50 PM
Ancient Member
Yes yes yes! The cursed teleportitis would finally cease to be a problem (for me) when obtained via pool sipping.
I believe a similar suggestion was made before, maybe not in a separate thread but came as a package with several other ideas.

EDIT: The way I see it, it would prevent teleportitis from randomly throwing you around dark forge level? That would be amazing, as right now sipping pools there can potentially put the PC in a life threatening situation, even with telelport control, by simply granting intrinsic +tpis.
That way the ring would be super valuable.

01-21-2014 03:08 PM
Ancient Member

01-21-2014 04:59 PM
Ancient Member
Honestly I like this better than the ideas in the other thread. I've upvoted it.

+ Reply