RFE: Mindcrafter Level 12 Bonus - Superfluous.
issueid=1932 02-12-2013 01:16 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Tyrnyx: 4
RFE: Mindcrafter Level 12 Bonus - Superfluous.
Mindcrafter Level 12 bonus is easily surpassed by Eyes of the Mind at Level 18, and cost more PP?

At level 12 Mindcrafters gain the ability to sense the number of monsters in the area (dunno if this number includes exceptions or not)
At level 18 they gain Eyes of the Mind - an ability to mentally see what monsters are in the area (barring exceptions)

The PP cost of the Level 12 ability is notably higher than Eyes of the Mind. And it's waaay worse. Almost useless IMHO. Thematically, it fits that one skill would progress into the other but the PP cost doesn't match up with that.

I think that a change should be in order. Don't know what -- maybe the level ability should cost no PP. That might be the only change in order. Still a(n) (almost) useless skill but thematically a change for the better.

Personally I would enjoy something else entirely. Something along the lines of recharging PP faster. That might be too powerful but I feel like unlike wizards who can emergency HP cast mindcrafters are just SOL. Maybe that's the way it should be.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1932
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 5
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-12-2013 01:54 AM
I don't mind the ability itself, it has its uses. Maybe the PP cost could go down with level so that by the time you hit level 18 it's less than the cost of eyes of the mind. By the way, for your next RFE make sure you select "Feature" instead of "Bug" under "Post new issue" :)

02-24-2013 01:42 AM
This is a perfect candidate for reclassifying as an RFE.

02-24-2013 10:34 PM
Ancient Member
Thanks. Will do.

+ Reply