Stat draining attacks transform PC into completely different monsters
issueid=1946 02-16-2013 12:52 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by _Ln_: 97
Stat draining attacks transform PC into completely different monsters

When a PC is stat-drained by a monster's melee attack and the corresponding stat goes to 0 or less, PC automatically dies and gets a post-mortem message "is transformed into a -foo-".
This works nicely for wraiths, wights, vampires, spectres, shadows, slow shadows and shadow lords.

However, living walls (constructs), quasits (demons), shadow centipedes (undead insect, not spirits) and shadow trolls (undead trolls, not spirits) can't really transform the PC into one of them (confirmed death for all these monsters).
Issue Details
Issue Number 1946
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 1.1.1
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-17-2013 02:09 AM
Ancient Member
When a PC is stat-drained by a monster's melee attack and the corresponding stat goes to 0 or less, PC automatically dies and gets a post-mortem message "is transformed into a -foo-".
This works nicely for wraiths, wights, vampires, spectres, shadows, slow shadows and shadow lords.
In 1.1.1, I once had a male PC get transformed into a female vampire after a toughness-draining attack killed me.

Oh, and I didn't know quasits could drain stats!

02-17-2013 03:54 PM
Ancient Member
Interesting bit of trivia from the version history, gamma 15:

If a unique monster drained the PC of all strength or toughness points, his death cause listed "was transformed into " as the reason for his decease. Thus your death cause could be to "be transformed into Andor Drakon, the Elder Chaos God". Oops :-)

02-17-2013 06:23 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Laukku
Interesting bit of trivia from the version history, gamma 15:
I've experimented with liches and magical stat drains which theoretically move your stats into negatives don't kill you as physical stat drains. This may be a bug though.

edit: silly me, that line precisely says what was fixed :(

+ Reply