Monsters could act more tactically in dungeons
issueid=428 08-25-2011 06:52 AM
Number of reported issues by berta: 6
Monsters could act more tactically in dungeons
An idea how to give monsters easely (hope so) the possibility to act more tactically

As I experience it's more important in Jade than it is in Adom just to fight one monster at time. As oft that my usually procedure for a room in a dungeon with more than one monster in, is to lure them into a corridor an kill them one by one. That's a little boring for three reasons. First of all it's the same procedure for every room. Second it isn't a real fight anymore, it's just killing. And third the difference of the difficulty is to large (as i see it).

So I thought that maybe the monsters could recognize if the are alone or not and in that case there might be a random chance that they won't go into a corridor and group around the door if a PC is near or just stay somewhere in the room.
Maybe that would give some more importance to the stealth skill, too.

'Hope you can understand my stammering ;-)
Issue Details
Issue Number 428
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Suggested
Priority 4
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-25-2011 07:21 AM
I really like this idea! My contribution to it would be that specific mobs have their own battle behavior, for example Goblins, or any other smaller creature, have to use superiour forces to overcome their foes so they will try to swarm and attack from every direction, which will include opening doors to find another route to the 'meat'. But ogres and larger creatures who relies on their own fysical abilities and equipment would be less tactical and more "SMASH KILL!"

Edit:
Let's say that the room dont have any other way out, perhaps the goblins would stay put and try to do damage with ranged weapons instead?

I think it would add alot of flavor to the combat :)

+ Reply