Imbalanced Frequencies - ! of Perception (and Potential Perception), Random Room Frequencies, Month of Book
issueid=4198 12-26-2015 02:46 PM
Number of reported issues by Mr.PelicanPants: 10
Imbalanced Frequencies - ! of Perception (and Potential Perception), Random Room Frequencies, Month of Book
Frequencies out of hand?

These are small but a little bit related, and I decided to post this now that the big awesome Steam changes are mostly done :> Also these are mostly RNG issues so I'm curious if other players are having the same problems (or if somehow it's possibly my computer).

1) Are potions of perception (and potential perception) supposed to show up as often as the other stat potions? I seem to find them either never or 1/10th as much as the others (in general, over multiple wins). Most of my characters never seem to find any at all.

2) A little bit related . . . i played a series of games in a row (3 went on to win) and never saw a carrot juice room in any of them. A couple players in the adom chat said that 'older' random room effects happen less often than the newer ones, could it be looked at (or is it intentional)?. I guess neither of these seem really important on their own but when combined the perception stat seems kind of skewed or muffled or

3) The Book month bonus doesn't seem to work or be enough. Do other players notice this for non-spellcasters? I had a weaponsmith born in Book who completed the mountain village, puppy cave, VD, and made it to dwarftown (~lv 13) who still hadn't found a spellbook! It seems like it might only helps classes who already find books get a 5% or 10% bonus to that...
Issue Details
Issue Number 4198
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM r65 (v2.1.0)
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-26-2015 02:51 PM
Ancient Member
No such thing as potions of perception or potential perception. Only carrot juice

12-26-2015 02:53 PM
lol. oops...

12-26-2015 05:31 PM
Ancient Member
The Book starsign doesn't make you more likely to find spellbooks as far as I know, it only makes you more likely to learn spells when you read some.

12-26-2015 11:31 PM
Oh, oops again. I just misinterpreted the wording. I feel dumb - thinking about those two for months and never noticed it :x
Sorry, can delete this one unless the random room frequency is anything

+ Reply