Option to disable popup highlights
issueid=5889 12-31-2017 03:06 AM
Number of reported issues by Mr.PelicanPants: 10
Option to disable popup highlights
slightly selfish eyestrain/clutter request

Humbly requesting an option to turn off the highlighted popups on the ascii ADOM screens as much as possible, especially all the commands displayed whenever any command is available to press - I tried using the existing options for disabling the newer extra tips but nothing seems to do much.
This is kind of a selfish request i admit, i recently got brain cancer with surgeries (they found because of seizures) and the new highlighted help commands flash the screen/strobe in and out whenever walking around NPCs and doors/enemies and it kind of makes me nauseous - so i'm still playing the old versions (r69). Not sure if it'd be easy enough or worth it to code an option to turn them off since it might not affect 99% of the players but i figured it's at least better to ask than to say nothing? :x (if no way to turn them off, is there any option to make them darker somehow? or possibly to have them as text without the highlights?)
cheers! :>
Issue Details
Issue Number 5889
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 3.0.5
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-13-2019 09:19 AM
Tried to return to ADOM after not playing for several years and constatly flashing key help commands extremely bother me to the point of being unable to play too. Old cleaner UI is way easier to look at. :(

+ Reply