improve confusion resistance items
issueid=6419 12-11-2018 02:53 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
improve confusion resistance items

From my testing, skeletal kings need 25 willpower, wyrms 30, and minotaur mages/emperor liches/possibly keriax(not tested) 60 willpower to be immune to their confusion attacks. Learning rings give you +5 effective willpower and clear mind rings +10. I've been told that my testing is mistaken on the latter part of this though, and just today I had a clear mind (unblessed) with 20 willpower and was not immune to a red wyrms confusion attack, so I must have this not completely right.

I think with water orb (30 will) and two clear mind rings it should be possible to fight keriax or minotaur emperor without confusion worry (to the point that you might spend a wish on one of these rings).
Issue Details
Issue Number 6419
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 3.3.2
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-11-2018 05:10 PM
Ancient Member
I think the items are strong enough. Keep in mind that each stack of confusion resistance both lowers the chances of being affected and the duration of confusion. For your example with Keriax (30 Wi + 2 x resist), the character has around an 85% chance to resist his spell, and most of the time only gets confused for 2 turns. Without the rings, this character would be getting confused almost every other cast, and the confusion could last upwards of 10 turns.

12-11-2018 05:54 PM
Ancient Member
As far as I know, all confusion items count as +6 willpower, in addition to the duration shortening effect.

+ Reply