Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Better method : Stair scumming books

Light & Darkness are the most common. Know Alignment is as rare as Acid Ball.

I'm pretty sure the ratios don't even differ between arcane versus clerical, but I haven't actually tested it so I suppose it's possible.

You've gotta be kidding.

If I got Acid Ball for a starting spell as often as I get Know Alignment I would... probably still die in the UD but at least I'd feel bad about it.

My limited experience does tell me that clerical spellcasters will find more clerical books than arcane ones and vice versa, but I will happily cave to solid evidence.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I am 100% certain that clericals will find much more healing spells and burning hands, and much less magic missile and ball spells. I honestly cannot stress how clear this is from playing enough wizards and priests. Finding a ball spell at all with a priest during the full course of the game is considered a lucky find (even with library visit and Treasure Hunter), whilst wizards are positively swimming in acid balls (uncomfortable though that may be).
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Aren't we pun-happy today!

Know Alignment is a clerical spell as far as I'm aware, and it is indeed quite rare for wizards as a result. Though all in all I'd say I find more Know Alignment with arcane casters than I do Rain of Sorrow with clerics.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.