Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gremlin light bong.

Problem with the tower: much of the desired loot burns before you can pick it up.

Or you could wish for a sheep and plug your ears. Or lure the banshee, instead. In fact, you wouldn't even have to do this with gremlins, for you could simply exploit the animated forest. The danger level there will allow wands of wishing to be dropped, too.

Oh sorry, is that trick old?
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Fire tower is no good - only allies take damage (and then only on the top floor).
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Ok, the banshee plus animated forest sounds
    like a possibility. Trees won't spawn in the
    players visible radius though, so maybe a
    source of blindness would help minimize the
    turncount?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Blindness.. interesting idea, but also dangerous. The banshee will become extremely experienced. But if you don't continue too long, I guess it could work?

i tried this once...
    Of course, thinking before, i got her to critically damaged.
    The thing is, when you actually kill her, you get a nice boost to xp. You then hope you would have stayed near the staircase... Angry highly experienced trees are HARD.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    i tried this once...
    Of course, thinking before, i got her to critically damaged.
    The thing is, when you actually kill her, you get a nice boost to xp. You then hope you would have stayed near the staircase... Angry highly experienced trees are HARD.
    I'm fairly certain monsters don't level unless they're killed by the player.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

For optimum turncount it's probably best to bookcast teleport around the level so the banshee gets many more turns than you. Invisibility keep the trees from being any sort of nuisance.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    I'm fairly certain monsters don't level unless they're killed by the player.
    I gremlin bombed the water dragon cave a long ago and the gremlins did gain experience despite drowning.

Of course my efforts proved vain since drowning NPCs do not drop items as Twinge already pointed out.

Edit: I just carried out a test which disproved my above claim regarding monster "evolution". I think the experience gain in the previous gremlin bomb was simply due to me also beating up the gremlins which I obviously did not remember.
    Last edited by Nezur; 01-14-2010 at 08:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    For optimum turncount it's probably best to bookcast teleport around the level so the banshee gets many more turns than you. Invisibility keep the trees from being any sort of nuisance.
    Too bad you can't use a hatch on the trees, that would take even more turns.

If you're slowed the Banshee would theoretically get 2 actions per turn of yours?

And yes, mobs don't power up if they're not killed by you. The water lair gremlin bomb is about pickpocketing (and maybe about shield mastery), not item drops; bad for turncount, but still ridiculously overpowered in a normal game.