Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reaching L+?

Default Reaching L+?

I know of the methods but i have a few questions regarding reaching L+.

1.Can i offer beggars blessed/uncursed/cursed stomafillia herbs as "food"?
    2.How much gold must i offer beggars for it to get me to L+?

1) you can even offer them demon daisies if you want. Not sure it would work well though.
    thought about whipping?
    saved khelly?
    Gave the girl her pup?
    Told Blup?
    done the thrundarr quest?
    got the amulet of law from sheriff? IIRC; he gives you one, if you lead him to the bandit camp and are L
    tried marble amulets? there often amulets of law.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    I know of the methods but i have a few questions regarding reaching L+.

1.Can i offer beggars blessed/uncursed/cursed stomafillia herbs as "food"?
    I'm not sure how much good cursed stoma will do, but the others are fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    2.How much gold must i offer beggars for it to get me to L+?
    IIRC, you get 1 stone per 1000 gold. To get from N= to L+, you need 6000 stones, so 6 million total. Obviously less if you are closer. Read a scroll of balance. Note that you can't just give 6 million all at once.

Healing injured monsters/companions is much more efficient if you can cast spells IMHO. If your level is low enough, wearing a blessed amulet of order is good too, or just kill hordes of chaotic monsters in rapid succession.

[edit]Whipping works very well too, esp. if you have a whip of slaughtering.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

AND rings of doom. And regeneration.
    Doesn't whipping just not work with normal whips?
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief

Just a silly online game

Right, i got rid of my earlier whip cause the guide said that it only works up until L, not for L+. Ima gonna try and save the puppy, and see what else i can do.

... you can't save the puppy if your day count >4

Just a silly online game

save the puppy's corpse*

NO DON'T EAT THAT I NEED A LAWFUL BOOST xD
    Last edited by Dudley; 01-15-2010 at 06:26 PM. Reason: ... caps policy?

Just a silly online game

Whipping can get you to L+. Any whip works, but you will be protected by your PV. Go somewhere safe and take off PV equipment and ideally equip -PV equipment.

It'd take 120k gold giving to a Beggar to go from N= to full L+; the 6 million figure above is accurate at level 50. Tedious as all hell though, since it'd be only 1000 at a time! As for food, beggars don't really care what type of food it is - they'll take anything, I think. non-nutritious stuff like burb roots doesn't give you as much alignment boost, but does give some. Large Rations are jsut as good as stomafilla though, as are melons/etc.

It also matters what level you are, pretty significantly. Being level 49 makes it twice as easy to gain alignment as being level 50, and being level 47 is twice as easy as level 49 :P

blargh, i died going completely reckless on a artifact guardian (karmic baby dragon), the bastard wore my patience out ; i could have probably worn him out but he consumed half of my gear with acid (i had black dragonhide gloves in my inv tho, ironic) - oh well, lesson learned ; never roll Dwarf Priest cause of the stupid, stupid, stupid L req! N= gogo!