Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: water lair gremlin bong?

Default water lair gremlin bong?

explain? i get the general idea, but im not sure about specifics

I'm no expert, but I've had it happen on accident of sorts. If you take fluff balls into the water cave they will multiply ridiculously. The Gremlins that are produced will drown but not before more and more are produced. When they die by drowning they don't drop items, but they offer great opportunities for limitless pickpocketing. A thief's dream. I imagine you could tweak the danger level with scrolls as a further modification.

Dragon lair is already very high danger level, so you can pickpocket RoDS right away.

Quote Originally Posted by warheart View Post
    Dragon lair is already very high danger level, so you can pickpocket RoDS right away.
    Or a WAND of wishing, for that matter.

It's probably the most powerful scummy tactic that's not inherently a bug. Plenty of stat gains, water, basic scrolls, wishes, an artifact or two, Grandmastery in shields, blankets, keys, rings, phase daggers... basically everything you could want that weighs 10s or less, automatically yours.

But doesn't it take a while? I only find that like 20% of monsters actually carry stuff, the rest says they dont have anything....=/

It's fairly time consuming, yes. Helps if you are using Sage and can suppress the massive message spam that you will receive.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

You can also paste in commands to cut down on carpal tunnel.
    Any strategy that benefits from pasting commands is pretty scummy though..

How does one stop the water cave gremlin bomb once it starts? I'd hate to make that area off-limits forever.

Quote Originally Posted by da1edwin View Post
    How does one stop the water cave gremlin bomb once it starts? I'd hate to make that area off-limits forever.
    You can simply leave. As long as you're invisible, the place remains navigable with a bit of patience: the gremlins drowning opens up passages every few turns. Since the gremlins aren't killed by _you_, they don't level and remain completely harmless (at least that's how it looked to me). Just light up the gremlin bong far from the stairs and you should be golden.

If you have a very high level light spell, you might be able to kill them all in one shot... that's about the only way I could think to clear the place before they respawn. You can probably also use locked doors to at least contain them to one part of the level.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.