Thread: To-hit progression

Default To-hit progression

I've read posts talking about the to-hit progression of classes. I'm assuming this means you get a better to-hit for leveling up, but I hadn't heard of this before now. How does it work for different classes? And is it also the case for missile weapons? Also are there damage bonuses as well?

I have a related question (in that it applies to the same character ). The to-hit and to-damage bonuses from Archery are listed but I thought there was also a bonus to crit chance. I remember reading it somewhere but can't find it listed, so maybe it wasn't true. Does find weakness work with archery? It seems it might be better than archery for missile weapons if that is the case, since you only lose out on +7/+5 and lightning shot.

>Does find weakness work with archery?

yep
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Find Weakness works with missile weapons in general (Archery skill not required), but less effectively than it does for melee.

I assume you meant chance of critical.

Cause for actual crit damage melee is way way worse.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

nathrakh Guest

IIRC it's 2x damage multiplier for melee and 6x (!!) multiplier for missiles. Now you get why missile weapons rock ass.

edit: sorry I mixed slaying weapons and normal criticals.
    Last edited by nathrakh; 01-16-2010 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrakh View Post
    IIRC it and 6x (!!) multiplier for missiles.

edit: sorry I mixed slaying weapons and normal criticals.
    1. it is 4-6x if you missile is blessed or something like that
    2. i do not recall difference on how you get critical. Except slaying and norm cirts do not stack. Critical is critical.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Criticals for missiles have larger multipliers but Find Weakness criticals occur more often from melee strikes than missiles. I guess Thomas thought it had something to do with being able to strike an opponent's weak spots up close compared to from across the room.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ