Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Character help

Default Character help

Ok. so the only Characters I play as are

1. Invun, the trollisher healer born in either candle or wolf

2. Bard, the Gnomish Bard born in the month of Raven

3. Metro, the Gnomish elemental, born in the month of salamander

4. Legolas, the high elven archer, born in the the months of candle, raven, cup, or wolf

5. Garret, the orcish thief born in the month of raven.

So far, I have only had some success with Invun and Legolas. Can anyone give me some advice about the others? Oh and what is a good race to go with a thief?
    When in darkness, you can always see the light (unless you're in ADOM)

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

Graoumf, the gnomish barbarian. Candle born.
    Adley, the dark elf beastfighter. Candle again, if you wish to have a large chance of survival.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

I try to stay away from elves (if possible) but I kinda like the dark elven one. But don't you get a to-hit loss with a beastfighter and a weapon?

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

YOU WON'T USE A WEAPON.
    Your barehands will slay pretty much everything you encounter rapidly, when you get to lvl 6.
    Basicly, the only thing a DE BeASTIE has to fear is losing his precious armor before he gets to that level.
    Don't worry about putting ANYTHING in your hands. They'll be HUGE problems. I think that even the ToTRR is a problem for a lvl 50 beastie.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

If you have trouble getting past level 12, race & class is not that important. More important is: learn to use altars. Learn to pray. Learn where to get food. Learn how to use herbs. Learn how to identify stuff. Learn what monsters to avoid / be careful with.

So for better advice, see if there is anything in this list (or something else of course) that you don't know about or have trouble with.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

For both thieves and bards, I highly recommend playing hurthlings or gnomes. Reason is that these races get a free starting talent. If you also roll Candle, then you are guaranteed 3 talents (4 for bard, in fact). Take Charming, Boon to Family, and Heir. This will give you an excellent item--in the case of bards, the awesome seven league boots (double your movement speed with no downside); in the case of thieves, a very nice penetrating dagger. 3 talents might seem a waste for one item, but it's (IMHO) very worthwhile for these two classes.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

I know almost everything about ADOM (well, at least everything from the GB)and a gnomish thief sounds pretty good. But I chose the orc because he started with Find Weakness (And sacs weapons).

Thieves are considered one of the worst classes to play. I'd recommend assassins instead, preferably something tough like a dwarf or drakeling. Drakeling healers are also good, as well as drakeling bards, drakeling wizards, drakeling priests, and so on... Dwarven paladins are fun to play too.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Hmmmm, an Assassin. Might be a good idea. But I don't want to try any draklings yet. I heard they have problems in ToEF and CoC 49.

...If you're having trouble getting past level 12, you should NOT be worrying about D:49 :P They are both good and bad in the tower, but again, if you haven't even seen it yet that shouldn't be a primary concern.