Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DF

Default DF

What is Dwarf fortress anyway? Where do I get it? Or is it an online game?
    When in darkness, you can always see the light (unless you're in ADOM)

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

Here: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

Awesome game.
    Essentially you build a fortress with a bunch of dwarves (who'd have guessed? :P). Incredible level of detail, and the learning curve of a plane or something.
    Gate closers: (ImmaNinja Level 44 Drakish Monk);
    Ultras: Maybe one day.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir
    I was hoping for additional insight, especially as to the connection to alcoholic beverages insofar as non-consensual sexual relations with insects are concerned. Alas, my hopes were in vain.

ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

But which one is it?

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

Can anyone using a mac and this game help me? It seems to use a completely different keyboard set.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

laptop or All in one?

'tis a laptop.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Ah, that explains it. I have tried many games with a Mac laptop. Can't explain why it does it though.

Anyone here ever play evony or Utopia? If so how does dwarf fortress compare?

Evony, the online game that promises tits but doesn't deliver any? Also known as the greatest ripoff on the internet?

Short answer: It doesn't. Dwarf Fortress is not an online game.

If you're asking me to compare them on their merits as infrastructure simulation games, I got nothing. I've never played Evony or Utopia. They sound like fairly generic multiplayer browser games to me, as in "complete waste of time and money".
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.