Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tricky situation - Tower of Eternal Flames

Default Tricky situation - Tower of Eternal Flames

Allright, so i finally got a dwarf priest who's now like a walking tank. I ran straight into the tower of eternal flames and flailed about and killed pretty much everything - easy.

Thougt there is a problem ; you need a means of digging for the fire temple. And i do have a wand of digging - but i do also have the corruption (living mana battery), so i am not entierly sure how to do this. I have been stair hopping in ID in hopes of a magic shovel spell, and after a few hours i've got close to all spells but except for that one. Also, i did have pick-axes, but they melted. As i don't have a fire proof blanket and still don't have one when i've been doing the hopping. suggestions?!

get to very close with you god.
    Pray. on top level.
    hope for the best.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

nathrakh Guest

Even if you get pickaxe from your god in temples, if you haven't trained/raised Mining the pickaxe will break easily unless you get lucky.

rift for dig spell, or use last charge from a *blessed* wand
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

...Or get some of the many guaranteed scrolls of chaos resistance and remove the corruption :P

Managed to get through after having farmed forth a book of diviner digger.. Ironicly thougt, it wasn't the karmic wyrm that killed me or anything as of such. as i was to proceed down further into the CoC, and i was lev 23 with 44 dv/44 pv, a animated tree critical struck me that brought me from 74 hp (already was quite dmg) to -44. It is beyond me how a Tree can land such a tremendous blow.

Its an animated tree. Forget the whomping willow from Harry Potter, think massive 100 feet tall 200 hundred year old oak with high speed coming to smack you up. How could being hit on the head by a tonne of solid wood not hurt?

Thats not very much DV for the forest, which you now know.

I prefer two shields and coward taking me up to around 100 DV at that point. Or a means of healing. Or teleport. Less than 100 HP there is asking for trouble.

Darkness and Invis are also useful.

Yeah, all of your points are kind of concrete, it was just that i was sort of surprised, you know, cause i had earlier just plown down all of them without them landing a single blow on me ; it's not that you expect it to defy that at the moment where you're as most powerful.

You almost HAD to be doomed. I see no other way.
    Were you wearing the crown of science?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by nathrakh View Post
    Even if you get pickaxe from your god in temples, if you haven't trained/raised Mining the pickaxe will break easily unless you get lucky.
    It doesn't require that much luck - you really don't need mining to make good use of a pick axe, especially if it's blessed. Blessing also increases the chances you can actually get to the top level with it too...

Comisserations on the death, Doorsfan, though hopefully you'll learn something from it - don't mess with trees. Killing them makes them very powerful very quickly, so the best thing to do is stick to invisibility and teleport.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!