Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Grey/gut

Default Grey/gut

I guess by now everyone knows about Grey's and guts.. ehm.. friendship. Problem is, I missed the beginning, and without knowing how it started it's only half as funny. Would you please give me a pointer?
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

They are probably a one person, whose two parts of mind are in permanent conflict for:
    a) should the 7th letter of the alphabet be 'G' or 'g';
    b) does TH suck or not;
    c) who (among them) has accomplished more ultimate challenges and created and/or checked more insane ideas about how ADOM work;
    d) and probably something more

I have no evidence on points a) and c) and generally about their true natures but refer to http://www.adom.de/forums/showthread.php?t=417 about point b) (honestly, I wasn't able to make myself read the whole thread, so I can't show the precise rage)

Do a search for "Weakest Link". It had Grey and gut on two different teams in what is probably the best challenge game we ever had (and which I'd like to see repeated - it's been ten and a half months since then). I don't know exactly if it began any earlier, but that's where their legendary rivalry flared up with the passion of a thousand suns. It might be worth it to read through the discussion, fire and water threads, though any of the related threads is bound to have one instance of them bickering with each other.

The Treasure Hunter challenge has its spiritual predecessor in the Race Wars, where three teams, one for each alignment with an assigned set of classes, competed to attain the highest number of wins. And as you might guess, the Race Wars had gut and Grey once again on different teams. Hilarity ensued.

It's hard to believe Grey didn't have the current situation rigged

EDIT: And yeah, the Treasure Hunter debate in its original run had them antagonize each other as well, with gut producing frivolous walls of text and Grey being his main adversary countering him with equally frivolous walls of text, albeit with fewer line breaks.

EDIT2: Seriously, we need another Weakest Link. The original was announced/proposed on May 8th. By then we should be finished with Treasure Hunter - it won't take long for the TH sucks n00b fags to all die because they didn't find carrot juice in time and couldn't escape across a river.
    Last edited by Silfir; 03-27-2009 at 08:43 PM.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I know of the Weakest Link challenge, I didn't participate but I watched it closely. We really should do something like that again.

But I had the impression that it began earlier.

EDIT: Maybe Grey/gut themselves can comment on this?
    EDIT: Haha, weird thought: rename the two unicorns to Grey and gut
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Eh, I find the whole thing childish. Who knows, though, other people might actually care.

Okay, it started on May 6th over at the Hall of Fame forums actually.

I'm not sure exactly when the rivalry started, to be quite honest... You'd have to dig through the Hall of Fame forums a bit.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Maul View Post
    Eh, I find the whole thing childish. Who knows, though, other people might actually care.
    It's funny at times, but well, these things can grow old...

Grey is my favorite poster on all the forums and
    newsgroups on the net, period (of course I only
    visit ADOM and MMA ones though ). Can't remember
    a time where he has actually gotten on my nerves
    in the slightest. Every challenge I, or pretty much
    anyone, sets for themselves and posts about on
    the forums, he contributes ideas and encouragement.
    His knowledge of obscure ADOM trivia is second to
    none, and he's an ancient member of the ADOM
    comunity, as opposed to my own joining of only one
    year ago. Hard to believe eh?

We agree more than we disagree by a long shot, but
    the thing is, the walls of text we generate when we
    don't : ) We have been on opposite sides of many
    debates both social and ADOM related, but like Silfir
    said, we only started sniping at each other during the
    weakest link challenge. About it 'getting old', well
    that's prolly my fault, as I tend to type out about 2
    snipes to Grey's 1 : ) I don't plan to stop, because
    it's fun sniping at someone you know won't take it
    seriously. Maybe I'll slow down a bit though : )
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

What is the jist of the weakest link? (For those who just want a once sentence summary.)

Four teams played the same hurthling priest, with
    the goal being to dive in the ID as deeply as possible.

My team won by a mile : )
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."