Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grey/gut

We knew each other from back on the Brinkster forums, but I don't think we started our joking competitiveness till the Weakest Link challenge, when we ending up on different teams. Friendly jibes turned into competitive taunts, into outright flaming and accusations of communism and lechery. These things happen I think it started innocently enough with this post, and then moved on to the likes of this, this and this. Partly it was because we had a long time to wait for our turns between plays, so one form of entertainment was layng verbal smackdowns on the competitors. I also kept trying to encourage gut's team to turn against him, but I don't think that worked... Amusingly, for all our bravado and talking each other down we both died in the first round of the Mana league.

The Treasure Hunter thread... I don't think it ever actually got heated, did it? gut and I just had an extremely in-depth discussion, with very detailed posts, and we each refused to back down on our views. It may have been repetitive and annoying for others, but personally I found it quite enjoyable We only started on the jokey rivalry again recently, as a parody of that old thread, and of course the new challenge game lets us express that even more. Interestingly this is the first challenge we've had where each player has made a concious decision to represent a particular playstyle or ideology. Gives all the fuel for ridiculous taunting

If others don't like the immature insults... well tough, it's fun for us, and we'll keep continuing :P

Regarding the Weakest Link, rereading the threads does make me want to play it again badly. However that competition took a *lot* of organisation, so it might be a while before I have that sort of time free again. Still, it definitely will happen again within the next few months. The current TH competition shows that there's enough players around quite willing to get involved in competitive team games again (one thing I was worried about before is over-saturating the board with competitions - too many and it becomes less fun).

Quote Originally Posted by gut
    We have been on opposite sides of many
    debates both social and ADOM related, but like Silfir
    said, we only started sniping at each other during the
    weakest link challenge. About it 'getting old', well
    that's prolly my fault, as I tend to type out about 2
    snipes to Grey's 1 : ) I don't plan to stop, because
    it's fun sniping at someone you know won't take it
    seriously. Maybe I'll slow down a bit though : )
    Personally I prefer quality over quantity, something you wouldn't understand with your repetitive inane ramblings. Still, if you want to withdraw your cowardly attacks, feel free - I certainly won't miss the irritating buzzing of a stingless and impotent wasp. Go back to the shadows and weep over your own insignificance!
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Let's gun for sometime in May as the starting point. You might be able to delegate some of the organisation. Selected Head Lackeys of the Arena Grandmaster could organize the individual leagues, for instance :P
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Ah, thanks, that explains it
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    If others don't like the immature insults... well tough, it's fun for us, and we'll keep continuing :P
    It's all about you, you, you! The whole forum is dedicated to you, now? You're calling the shots while Mr. Biskup takes an absence of several years to make JADE? No, that won't work like that. It just shouldn't. *prepares blessed barbed eternium post of humanoid slaying*

(EDIT: In case that comes across as offensive, didn't mean it to be. I'm just a bit irritated about it overflowing. Feel free to bash each other in competitions though, that's what they're for.)
    Last edited by Maul; 03-28-2009 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Let's gun for sometime in May as the starting point. You might be able to delegate some of the organisation. Selected Head Lackeys of the Arena Grandmaster could organize the individual leagues, for instance :P
    Schlag? The cream of the ADOM fora? Yum.

Thanks for the background information.