Thread: What to do next? (spoily probably)

Default What to do next? (spoily probably)

I am currently at lvl 19 with a gnomish beastfighter and i am puzzled about where to go next.

Things i have done :
    -UD dive
    -Reached Kelly floor (not killed him yet, neither saved him)
    -got RotHK
    -water dragon lair raid
    -almost finished getting courage skill
    -get crowned (got natures companion + acid immunity (nice!)
    -Dwaren graveyard
    -all ancient dwarf quest

Things not done yet :
    -Dark forge raid
    -Rift visit (i have climbing at 100, a climbing set, and 100 stealth
    -get mystic reward (im n=)
    -ToEF
    -below kelly in CoC
    -minotaur lair (i dont plan to go there)

Usefull information : since i have fire immunity, no need for weapon, and other high metal gear i could go ToEF (i have 1 fireproof blanket) but my only ways to deal with the wyrm are : PoCC, cursed potion of invisibility nd a wand of death(3) if it is usefull (no idea myself). I can bookcast darkness pretty well. I also have a good amount of healing item at my disposal. Main stats are : 22 STR 23 DEX 28 TO 275 HP 79 PP
    and on very aggressive i have31 DV 30 PV +75 hit bonus 1D16 +40 damage.

i could also pool sip in DF to get a wish to save kelly and get water orb before toef but i already have TPcontrol and im not very lucky with pools usually.

first thing : do rift. It's experience awarding. And beasties need xp. Alot.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

kill khelly get water orb.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Do you have a way of getting across the chaos lake? It's certainly a good place to go right now. Do that, then get the water orb (let Khelly die, he's not worth the effort to save) and then clear DarkForge. After that you should be set for the Tower, which will decide your fate.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

He said "got RoTHK" Was there new discoveries lately?
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

i already built a bridge over the lake, killed the skeletal king, and got the ring :P. Well, i guess kelly is dying, and i will go get water orb hehe, thanks for all the tips. i might visit rift after water temple, before ToEF.

As a gnome, you should have ventriloquism. If it's at a pretty good level, it works well on all orb guardians...

nathrakh Guest

I'd go raid DFG, easy with your char, pool sip for wish, save khelly, do water orb, do toef, do rift if ye want, dive down to coc.

Like others have said, experience is important so do not use your PoCC to kill the ACW, but you can use it to weaken him at the beginning. When I won with a beastfighter it took two disabling potions and attacking to kill him, but without Find Weakness I do not know if you could do that.

If you have not won yet and want an easy finish I would say wand of destruction=AoLS for Khelly because your class power makes D:50 so easy with WoD.

However, if 90 day limit is near then pool sipping is dangerous because you might get doomed a lot and going to Dwarftown every time takes a lot of game time.( unless you have SLBs)

When you DF raid, check the weapons room for one of penetration, as it is slightly, marginally, a tiny bit better against the Ancient Stone Beast than barehanded.

I feel obligated to warn you that the Cat Lord is more powerful than some people make him sound. Read a blessed scroll of magic mapping when you get to his level, because sometimes the stairs are close and you can sneak by him both ways.

Oh, and choose good learner if you do not have it.

That was a lot, but it was stuff that I wish I knew when I first won.( If in fact you have not won yet.)
    Closers- GE Wizard, DE Beastfighter, DE Barb
    Ultras- DE Barb ULE
    OCG- Maybe someday
    ADOM projects- Overheat style LP -maybe.

Honestly the amount of exp the ACW gives compared to 1) it's potential to kill you and 2) the amount of exp you can easily get once you've passed the wall of flame is fairly insignificant. Take him out any way you can, and never ever slow yourself against the ACW.