Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The hate of RNG.

Default The hate of RNG.

Ok, i post this topic to tell of a very, very, very frustrating problem of RNG. I have farmed ID with stair hopping for about 2 days with a level 20 Gnome priest and simply for one item ; a wand of door creation. Now normally, this poses no greater problem ; but what strikes me as hateful in this situation is the fact, of that having farmed for 2 days, recieved no such wand, i had about every other wand so far except for a door creation wand, and i even recieved a spell book of wish and managed to read it, gaining about 330 charges ; and that is enough for me, then my book got fried. But none the less, i got a spellbook of wish, learnt the spell before i got a wand of door creation.

Default Rule of the rng

Rule of the rng : if you need something, you won't have it, or will destroy it one way or the other. If you don't need, then you'll have plenty. Reminds me of the troll barbarian finding a book shop ON EVERY FUCKING LEVEL OF THE UD.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

With a level 20 priest the bug temple should be a possibility - plenty of bolt spells to go around. It has a 100 charge wand of door creation.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Out of curiousity, why did you need a wand of door creation so badly that you set out to stairhop to find one?
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    Out of curiousity, why did you need a wand of door creation so badly that you set out to stairhop to find one?
    My guess would be to do the bug cave easily

Since you said you found a bunch of other wands, I assume you were hopping on at least ID6-7?

I bet he was going to pacify Big Room so he could farm herbs for 2 days.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Acctualy, the only reason is to pacify the big room so i can get crowned. That, and of course to get To/Wi/Dx/unlimited supply of blessed spenseweed. It's all too much uf a gain to just "let go". Short said ; herb in big room.

I always use digging to pacify the big room. The pickaxe is guaranteed, assuming you don't miss the pyramid. Use it to kill corroding enemies so it's nice and cheap to repair, bless it so it doesn't break a often. Then you only need one shot of door creation to seal it off.
    You hear the cries of the crowd: "Freebird!! Freebird!! Freebird!!"

You play some tunes on your lute.

One cast of door creation has to come from somewhere.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Ye, RNG. Just got this:

You feel truly excited. You feel a surge of power.

It's a giant greater vault. And a fire vortex artifact guardian. BoW + Serpent's bite + I think hammerhead + another weapon. You gotta love RNG sometimes :P