Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ID - Spellbook of Teleport

Default ID - Spellbook of Teleport

What level of ID is best suited for this?

All spellbooks have the same danger level. The more dangerous levels may give you more powerful spells and are also more likely to kill you. I wouldn't go deep.

Better yet, learn to play the game without relying on stairhops. There's a perfectly suitable wand of teleport somewhere
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Using a wand merely in need and refilling it when i can go lazy mode in a dungeon where i'm not affected by background corruption? Blashpemy!

You can find all spellbooks up to and including Wish on the first level of the ID. Personally, I like to go a bit deeper... waters happens to be DL:2 (AoLS are as well, I believe, though they're so rare it's hardly worth mentioning), so it's nice to be able to collect those while you stairhop for books.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    You can find all spellbooks up to and including Wish on the first level of the ID. Personally, I like to go a bit deeper... waters happens to be DL:2 (AoLS are as well, I believe, though they're so rare it's hardly worth mentioning), so it's nice to be able to collect those while you stairhop for books.
    Water has a higher danger level then books? Really? Huh...

Any potions have a DL of 1?

Plenty. Just try trading booze with Yggaz one time. All the potions you can get are the danger level 1 potions. You will not get water unless you read a scroll of danger in Terinyo.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Wilderness and towns are DL3 IIRC. It's possible there is a special case about not recieving water in that case, but you can certainly get cure corruption, which is DL2.

Exchange & Gain Attributes are both notably DL1, though.

Stairhopping in the ID for one specific item is pretty much a poor idea which will kill you with boredom. The RNG will just laugh in your face all day. The only specific thing I stairhop for these days is blink dogs - they are pretty easy to find, cos unlike wands of unfoundness, books of allusiveness, and amulets of extreme rarity, if you give them a turn or two, they will come and find you on the stairs...

Stairhopping in the ID for all sorts of things, at the start of the game, whilst listening out for tension rooms, in order to gain some quick XP levels, is altogether more useful, although I would recommend VD 1-4 for starting off really weak PCs - the Healer is close by, and in my experience, wandering around the ID with no HP is just asking for a stone fall trap upside the face.

I acctualy got my wand of door creation in ID.

Thougt as i see the critism i'd like to sate my point of view on stairhopping in ID. Generally, there are far more gains in this, then most would really account for ; seeing as of how much of us know that it randomly generates a new level each time you enter and leave, etc, it also accounts for special rooms. This acctualy made it possible for my char to reach 32 learning/33 Ch/33 AP, wich are quite hard to come by otherwise! Above that, i did recieve a couple of potions of gain attributes, a spellbook of wish, tons of useful spells (like magic map), and some less worthy mentioning spells. But overall ; i'd say that ID stairhopping is merely using a game mechanic, and if one has the patience ; there is nothing to lose going in there and hopping.

there is nothing to lose going in there and hopping.
    Apart from your own precious time.

Sure, you could in theory stair hop between ID 3/4 until you were level 50, and you certainly would have a lot of water with which to bless your hundreds of door creation wands, but why bother?

I stair hop sometimes, I have nothing against stairhopping, but really, every other location in ADOM is more interesting than the ID, the areas of the game which you need to complete in order to win can usually be tackled in a variety of ways, and less stairhopping means more creative solutions to in-game problems IMO.

Hence I recommend not stairhopping over stairhopping in most situations