Thread: Role-Playing Merchant Idea

Default Role-Playing Merchant Idea

This idea is only cool if you can tame generic humanoids with gold. I dont know if you can, and i do not feel like testing it either. That being said... Say you can tame humanoids with gold , that would allow you to manage the merchant like you would a caravan. Merchants get all kinds of gold and they could use it to tame an outlaw or a bandit not unlike a traveling caravan would pay mercenaries to protect the its goods from highway men goods. Merchants can also double their carrying capacity at level 12 (i think) much like a caravan can haul around a lot of goods. Once you get to dwarftown with this "caravan", try to tame one of the wandering guards and equiping them with the best gear gold can buy! A hostile dwarf confronts you in the big room? Give him a 1000 gold to be your body guard! Well you get the idea, carry around a shit ton of items and pay people to guard you all the while making sure they level up, as well as equipping them.

What do you guys think?

a hostile outlaw leader does not like less or equal 10k gold. I won't try it therefore
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Well, you can definitely get: cats, racoons, and black hurtlings without music; they'll all work for fish You can also give Barbarians a certain ring to get their assistance. Beggars will also work for food. You can also buy yourself a Golem and get hawkslayer's assistance, and there's always ?oFS as well.

Just taming random humans with gold, however, is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Twinge View Post
    Well, you can definitely get: cats, racoons, and black hurtlings without music; they'll all work for fish You can also give Barbarians a certain ring to get their assistance. Beggars will also work for food. You can also buy yourself a Golem and get hawkslayer's assistance, and there's always ?oFS as well.

Just taming random humans with gold, however, is not an option.
    For a merchant, it might be. There's that high-level class power (level 40?), but i don't know whether it only pacifies or actually is able to tame things. In a pinch, you could tame monsters in another way, then keep exchanging them until you get your human(oid) caravan. Sounds totally reasonable, ne?

does anybody know if this is the case?

I've never gotten a merchant past level 8.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

nathrakh Guest

Merchants need extra care. Remember that merchants can throw coins but it is 1200 energy action, even then it is better than your starting weapon.. probably..