Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Artifacts that do not appear for me.

Default Artifacts that do not appear for me.

1. The iron crown of Havlor
    2. Holy Scarf
    3. Shirt of the Saints and the mithiril Plate mail
    4. Any cloak
    5. Bugbiter, grod, Vanquisher, thin dagger, kinslayer, death's blade, trusted one, wanderer, Justifier, black thumb
    6. Nature's friend
    7. Shezestriakis (thank goodness)
    8. Divine messenger
    9. Sun's messenger
    10. True aim
    11. silver key

Though out my save spamming (or whatever) adventures I have never found any of these artifacts. Even after I spent hours of reloading a treasure grave or trying to get a good crowning gift and all those other fun fun stuff. Do these even exist anymore? Or is there a specific place for each one to be found?
    When in darkness, you can always see the light (unless you're in ADOM)

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

Out of that list, I have definitely generated:
    Havlor, Vanquisher, Wanderer (unIDed it's just a regular 40s quarterstaff, isn't it?), Black Thumb (just recently for the first time; druid crowning), Nature's Friend (common!), Shezestriakis (common!), Divine messengers (common!), Sun's messenger, True aim, silver key.

The Linux/Windows executables might have differences, too.

Most of the artifacts can be generated only by getting crowned as some specific class. Check http://www.adomgb.info/adomgb-0-2.html (end of the page) to see what gifts each class may get.

Savescumming for cronwing is useless iirc, the CROWNING ift being fixed when you'r eborn.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by The Metro Gnome View Post
    1. The iron crown of Havlor - my first crowning gift ever for a gnomish elementalist, I think. Fond memories. It was a C- crowning and, I think, that was about the 3rd time I got corrupted.
    2. Holy Scarf - Unfortunately no
    3. Shirt of the Saints and the mithiril Plate mail - Nope.
    4. Any cloak - I have gotten Cloak of Oman already.
    5. Bugbiter, grod, Vanquisher, thin dagger, kinslayer, death's blade, trusted one, wanderer, Justifier, black thumb - Yeah, I've never found that artifact. Oh wait, is that... TEN? ?_? I have found all of the first four, SotWanderer and maybe Kinslayer.
    6. Nature's friend - Once. Ironically, it turned out to be my best shield for a long time. Usually I find kickass shields pretty early.
    7. Shezestriakis (thank goodness) - No memories.
    8. Divine messenger - No memories.
    9. Sun's messenger - No memories.
    10. True aim - No memories.
    11. silver key - I think I have gotten this once from a vault.
    There are my findings from those. Now that you posted this thread, it's quite interesting how many I haven't found (although I only have 3 wins and about 3 close-calls in my pockets so far).

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Savescumming for cronwing is useless iirc, the CROWNING ift being fixed when you'r eborn.
    Huh? The gift's you receive are pre-determined when you make the game? A bit like the corruptions you receive, unless you use something to remove them?

Also, I would of really, really loved to get Sun's messenger however I got Far Slayer instead... I was already going down the Bows path when I got and didn't want to switch to Crossbows due to the fact that quarrels were harder to find than arrows however.... in hindsight I really should of switched cause I got that many fletchery sets later on.

Edit:

Oh by the way, some Artifacts will only be generated for certain races or certain classes....
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Artifacts
    Last edited by Asher; 02-06-2010 at 01:40 PM.
    How lucky of me, I just found shop full of items without a shopkeeper..... oh wait.... that was a room full of Master and Greater Mimics

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?

Quote Originally Posted by Asher View Post
    Huh? The gift's you receive are pre-determined when you make the game? A bit like the corruptions you receive, unless you use something to remove them?

Also, I would of really, really loved to get Sun's messenger however I got Far Slayer instead... I was already going down the Bows path when I got and didn't want to switch to Crossbows due to the fact that quarrels were harder to find than arrows however.... in hindsight I really should of switched cause I got that many fletchery sets later on.

Edit:

Oh by the way, some Artifacts will only be generated for certain races or certain classes....
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/wiki/Artifacts

Sun's messenger can't be generated by classes that don't get it for crowning unless you are a GE or HE, those can get sun's messenger for crowning no matter what class they are.

And yes, your crowning gift is pre determined at PC creation. Pre crowns and post crowns aren't, so those are as good as any random artifact. Vaults are also pre determined and a lot of other useful stuff.
    Wins:

Lvl 50 Dark Elf Mindcrafter.
    Lvl 50 High Elf Assassin (Dual weilding).
    Lvl 50 Dark Elf Paladin.
    Lvl 50 Gnomish Assassin (Failed ultra turned normal gate closer)
    Lvl 50 Hurthling Thief (ULE).

How can a tell if I'm being Pre Crowned or Crowned? Do you always get Pre Crowned before Crowned then all after Crowing is Post Crowned?

Also, what's GE/HE ? Sorry, I'm not good on the Adom Abbreviations.

The first time I got crowned I just prayed once I got the ''Extremly Close'' the next few were just as soon as I got the ''Very Close'' cause apparently you can only be ''Extremly Close'' once.
    How lucky of me, I just found shop full of items without a shopkeeper..... oh wait.... that was a room full of Master and Greater Mimics

What If There Were No Hypothetical Questions?

I DON'T agree with vaults. You may have a word with my drakeling monk if you like. Power cut closed the right to get RoI & BoW
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    I DON'T agree with vaults. You may have a word with my drakeling monk if you like. Power cut closed the right to get RoI & BoW
    Locations of vaults (ie. what level they appear). Content is not.

Quote Originally Posted by MetroGnome
    1. The iron crown of Havlor
    2. Holy Scarf
    3. Shirt of the Saints and the mithiril Plate mail
    4. Any cloak
    5. Bugbiter, grod, Vanquisher, thin dagger, kinslayer, death's blade, trusted one, wanderer, Justifier, black thumb
    6. Nature's friend
    7. Shezestriakis (thank goodness)
    8. Divine messenger
    9. Sun's messenger
    10. True aim
    11. silver key
    Of these, I've seen all of them except for both cloaks, grod, kinslayer, shezestriakis, and silver key. Every single one of these items is a crowning-only gift, so savescumming is completely useless in generating these items. You have the chance of getting one of these per game...

My suggestion would be to play a non-dwarf barbarian. Get crowned and you have a 4/6 (5/7 for an elf) chance of getting an artifact you haven't seen before.

[edit]
    Quote Originally Posted by Asher
    How can a tell if I'm being Pre Crowned or Crowned? Do you always get Pre Crowned before Crowned then all after Crowing is Post Crowned?

Also, what's GE/HE ? Sorry, I'm not good on the Adom Abbreviations.

The first time I got crowned I just prayed once I got the ''Extremly Close'' the next few were just as soon as I got the ''Very Close'' cause apparently you can only be ''Extremly Close'' once.
    Precrown is at extremely close; crown is at absolutely close. After crowning, you will always be Blessed and have an elemental resistance. Precrown and postcrown are really basically the same thing, and can only occur if a particular level requirement has been met and you are at extremely close. Precrown also requires non-extreme alignment--that's the only difference. If you try to precrown with extreme alignment, you'll be crowned instead.

GE = grey elf, HE = high elf
    Last edited by JellySlayer; 02-06-2010 at 02:32 PM.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.