Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where to go now? On a really good roll...

nathrakh Guest

mike3, if you are confused just apply first aid or clean your 'E'ars. :-P you stay put.. always.

Quote Originally Posted by nathrakh View Post
    mike3, if you are confused just apply first aid or clean your 'E'ars. :-P you stay put.. always.
    Uh, wtf?! How's that going to help anything?!

The problem is the monster can confuse. If confused, the PC will falls off the bridge and get gobbled up by the chaos piranhas in the "water" around the tomb.

Can it see invisible? Would opening the door while invisible alert it enough to make it attack?

Quote Originally Posted by mike3 View Post
    Uh, wtf?! How's that going to help anything?!

The problem is the monster can confuse. If confused, the PC will falls off the bridge and get gobbled up by the chaos piranhas in the "water" around the tomb.

Can it see invisible? Would opening the door while invisible alert it enough to make it attack?
    Well, most actions while confused will make you stumble in a random direction. Cleaning your ears won't, so if you're teetering on a bridge or ice bridge and you get confused by the skeletal king, keep cleaning your ears until it wears off so you don't fall to your death.

Quote Originally Posted by da1edwin View Post
    Well, most actions while confused will make you stumble in a random direction. Cleaning your ears won't, so if you're teetering on a bridge or ice bridge and you get confused by the skeletal king, keep cleaning your ears until it wears off so you don't fall to your death.
    Ah. That makes sense, now. Now what about that mana battery corruption? Should I spend the scroll?

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mike3 View Post
    Ah. That makes sense, now. Now what about that mana battery corruption? Should I spend the scroll?
    One of the worst corruptions. I'd use the scroll.

If you have more than two corruptions, use it. Otherwise, if that is your only (other) corruption, don't waste it. Wait till you have at least two corruptions before you use a scroll. You should be able to knock out both of them.
    When in darkness, you can always see the light (unless you're in ADOM)

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

One scroll is good for one and a half corruptions. It's just hard to determine when you have a "half" corruption, so to really make sure I would clear two corruptions at once. If you have a potion of cure corruption at the ready, use that instead since it will only clear 0.75 corruptions, so if you have even one corruption it will never be wasted.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    One scroll is good for one and a half corruptions. It's just hard to determine when you have a "half" corruption, so to really make sure I would clear two corruptions at once. If you have a potion of cure corruption at the ready, use that instead since it will only clear 0.75 corruptions, so if you have even one corruption it will never be wasted.
    No ! of cure corruption, just the scroll. However, that mana battery ain't good. What if I need those wands???

(Oh, and I managed to get the HK ring out with little fuss. Apparently the invisibility seemed to work. I took down the guardian anyway just for the XP, though. But at least I didn't fall off the bridge! )

Simply determine if the immediate use of your wands is worth giving up about 0.5 corruptions worth of corruption removal. If it is, go for it.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

The problem with waiting for another corruption is it might actually be a useful one..
    gate closers: GeWi GnMo(unarmed) DeAs/Pa/Mi(staves)/Ra GePr DrBb HrMo | p7: MeBf | p17: GnPr | p20: DrDu GnAs DeCk MeWp OrBf GnTh MeHe | R57: MeDu | R101: DrAs (26,674 turns) GnDu (26,748) DrAs (18,533)
    ULE: HeRa — OCG: DeMi
    currently speedrunning DrAs.