Thread: Barbarian help

Default Barbarian help

Hey, I found a very succesful gnomish barbarian. Got crowned really early in the game with =elec and death's blade (again...) and found skullcrusher from a surge of power. Which one should I use? I have no good shield, I have st at 19, and I have trained with DB for a while.
    When in darkness, you can always see the light (unless you're in ADOM)

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

You should use skullcrusher except against non-humanoids. In the long run, a weapon + shield is (almost) always better than 2-hander.

Humanoids include anything that looks like: k, g, @, K, &, h, M, O, C, u, t, H, L, z, or p. Most Zs and some Ys are also humanoid.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    You should use skullcrusher except against non-humanoids. In the long run, a weapon + shield is (almost) always better than 2-hander.
    Even for Barbarians ? I was under the impression that they got a hit/dmg penalty for using anything other than a 2hander ? Haven't played a barbarian in a while though, probably wrong.

Kinda died. That knowledge would have been very useful at the time
    When in darkness, you can always see the light (unless you're in ADOM)

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Cripplefish View Post
    Even for Barbarians ? I was under the impression that they got a hit/dmg penalty for using anything other than a 2hander ? Haven't played a barbarian in a while though, probably wrong.
    Not true. 10characters