This shop appears to be deserted.

###############  #
       #...........@.+ !%
       #..<[...#####.#!%=(
       #.......#   #./%=([
       #########   ###=([\
                      ([\
                      ###

Umbletu       St:17  Le:16  Wi:15  Dx:12  To:32  Ch:11  Ap: 1  Ma:16  Pe:13 N=
    DV/PV: 38/29   H: 255(255)    P: 91(91)      Exp: 16/262664     DH: 1 M: 39596
    Blessed Bloated
    "This shop appears to be deserted." I bet it's because it's populated by mimic hiveminds, greater mimics and master mimics in the first floor of the DH!

Yep. No way you can kill them - try and kick the walls to find a route around, if that doesn't work grab a wand of digging and try. Otherwise... GTFO!

A few turns later I heard a *thumb* so I just decided to GTFO animated forest was easy with a Cloak of Invisibility and some patience.

Edit: After that near-win, I think I'm finally starting to get smarter while playing a cat-type enemy appeared as an arena opponent, and I nearly despaired until I remembered ...I had potions of exchange!
    Last edited by Sadface; 03-31-2009 at 09:52 PM.

Want to hear my opinion? Don't try ANYTHING. Just run. You do not want to risk the level crawling with greater mimics if you're trying to get out.

Not sure if mimics can open doors... Possible it could be enough just to close and lock the door, in any case, since I don't think they can smash them. Chances are there's an exit to the other side though...

When in doubt in the Dwarven Halls, turn around and take the forest. That's my doctrine.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

As with many things in ADOM the choice between AF and DH often comes down to choosing patience over risk.

If anything pops up as risky in DH it's often better to take the slow and sure route through the AF (at least that's my creedo).

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir
    Not sure if mimics can open doors...
    They can't. Mimics lack the intelligence to open doors, although one wonders why they can't morph into a door hook and open them or something.

Quote Originally Posted by RndmNumGenerator View Post
    No way you can kill them
    Lies. (select to view)I once teleported into one of those shops and made it out alive with no para resistance. Kill them in the dark.

Quote Originally Posted by RndmNumGenerator View Post
    Otherwise... GTFO!
    But, this is still good advice.

My only source of darkness was from a scroll, which I had used to get rid of a dorn beast.

On the upside of this game, though, the dwarven mystic actually gave me scrolls of chaos resistance this time.

Congrats on the SoCR.

close the door and lock it... Actually having that room would slow monster generation on level so as far as you dig arround...

"Thumb" sound is another question...
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)