Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Screenshot thread

Quote Originally Posted by nathrakh View Post
    IIRC you are the once who's impossible to spectate. Screen is just a mess :-P
    Wait, is that why people never watch me for long? I wonder what I'm doing differently; I can spectate myself and other people just fine.
    ADOM, where the most commonly used letter in the alphabet is the explosive rune. - starfries

This is filed under "typically RNG". Out to get you. Thankfully I was prepared.

Code:
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                     Screenshot

You are suddenly hit by a spear!

##=====#
                                         #==@==#
                                       ###=====#
                                       #..=====#
                                       #..=<===#
                                       #.=====.#
                                       ##=====##
                                        #=====#
                                        #######
    Dwamer        St:19  Le: 7  Wi:13  Dx:11  To:19  Ch:10  Ap:11  Ma: 6  Pe:13 NL
    DV/PV: 6/5     H: 69(81)      P: 23(23)      Exp: 10/16802      UD: 7 Sp: 105

Okay, so the RNG places the stairs in the middle of a river. Bad. But wait, there is a safe island. So you hop over there, plan to rest up before waddling further. Ouch. Perfect placement of a trap.

Would have been funnier to have died, but the "nice" face of two-face RNG gave me good PV and a ring of the fish earlier. So.
    ADOM General's warning: Treasure Hunting causes slowness, frailty, terrible markmanship and is dangerous to your characters' health

The only possible reasons for "safe islands" to be created in a river is either predetermined monsters (like in vaults) or, well, traps. Since you didn't see a monster, this should not have surprised you
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    The only possible reasons for "safe islands" to be created in a river is either predetermined monsters (like in vaults) or, well, traps. Since you didn't see a monster, this should not have surprised you
    And items or stairs but I suppose there were no item either.

I've seen items generated underwater before...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Code:
    The cute girl misses Khelevaster, the ancient sage. Khelevaster hits the cute girl. The cute 
    girl dies!
    ........................        ................................................
    ........................         ...............................................
    ......................@..        ...............................................
    .....T...............t.]@         ..........................T...................
    .........................         ....TTT....T.................#########........
    .........#######........          .............................#...#   #........
    .........#.....#.....######      ..===...===...................#...#   #........
    ......T..#...........#    #      ..=.......=............T........#     #........
    .........#######.... #    #     ...=.......=...................#...#   #........
    .....................#    #     .T....===....T.................#.......#........
    ...######............##/###   ...T....=.=....T.................#########........
    ..      #................   .....T....===....T....######/####...........T.......
    .      ##TT.....######.............=.......=......#%%%%...%.#...................
           #=T=.....#    #.............=.......=......#%%%..%%..#........##..##.....
    .......=====....#    #..T..........===...===......#%%%.%%%.%#........#....#.....
    .....T..=====...#    #............................###########........#....#.....
    .......====.....#    #...........T....TTT....T.......................######.....
     ...............................................................................
     ...............................................................................
      ..............................................................................
    Jack          St:29  Le:34  Wi:32  Dx:39  To:37  Ch:25  Ap:24  Ma:12  Pe:26 N-
    DV/PV: 68/32   H: 831(831)    P: 247(247)    Exp: 50/19205346   Vlge  Sp: 184
    Blessed
    Hmm, for some reason my screenshot didn't save the message. I rewrote it from memory.

This is from a recent victory, Jack the thief who had everything he needed for an ultra. He
    returned to Terinyo with Keriax' corpse and the crumpled scroll, collected his potion from
    the druid, then bumped into invisible Khelly and pissed him off. The alarm was rung, and
    various people started attacking...but for some reason the children were on my side.

The best/worst part? That cute girl dropped a blanket!!!! I kid you not.

In the same game, I found a tension room full of Ki-Rins that I backed slowly away from.
    They didn't notice me...

Ben

Tiny girl.

Quote Originally Posted by BenMathiesen View Post
    Hmm, for some reason my screenshot didn't save the message. I rewrote it from memory.
    It shots only the terrain. Here's mine. the guy to my left is the eternal guardian. This is not a joke. Simply a royal treasure, 5x6. And a dragon room. Didn't exploit the bug voluntarilly.
    Code:
    You are carrying 342385 gold pieces

########
             #.#*##.####                                                 #########
             #..r......#   ####                                          #.......#
             #.....@@..#####*.##########                                 #.......#
             #...(...............+.....#                                 #.../...#
             ############....[]*.#.....###################################.......#
                        ##].]*..*#...../%................................/.......#
                        #.#]*........./###########.]##############################
                        ####....]#...../.........................#
         #########         #...]*#####################..########/########
         #.......#         #.#**.#*#                #*###      #..%......
         #.......############.##*.##############################..(......
         #......./.......^....[..........................................
         #.......###############################################.........
         #.......#                                             #........
         #.......#                                             #########
         #.......#
         #########

Jack          St:37  Le:22  Wi:27  Dx:26  To:27  Ch:26  Ap:17  Ma:24  Pe:20 L+
    DV/PV: 57/38   H: 230(335)    P: 198(204)    Exp: 26/1833129    D: 29 M: 71922
    Blessed
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Code:
                                     Screenshot

#####
          ###...###
          #.......#
         ##.......##
       ###........[#
       #...........#
       #....>......#        .
       #..........!#     ##..
       ####........######...#.
        ###..(...#.#..........
        #......[.#.#.........[
       ##.......[#...........
       #......[..###.........
       #...@.....# #........
       #...<.....# #.......
       ##.......## #......
        #._.....#  #####
        ###...###
          #####
    Hope          St:45  Le:25  Wi:46  Dx:43  To:37  Ch:15  Ap: 4  Ma:20  Pe:14 L+
    DV/PV: 67/37   H: 457(457)    P: 263(263)    Exp: 25/6301716    DL: 4 Sp: 124
    Blessed Bloated
    Yes. That is indeed a lawful altar a floor above Srraxxarakex's lair, in a spot easy to
    maneuver ancient blue dragons to.

Edit:

Here's the RNG getting back at me. Undiggable Chaos Gate area walls!

Code:
                                     Screenshot

####
                                         #*.##############
                                         ###*..............
                                 #######   ###........####
                                 #.....#     #.......#.###
                                 #.....#     #.......##..#
                                 #.....#     #.......###*#
                                 #.....#     #.......# #*###############
                                 #####.#     #.......  #..........(....+
                                 #####.#######.#/###   #/###############
                                 .....@[[([[!...(#     #.......#
                                 #####.###.###.###     #.......#
                                 #####&#37;# #*# #.#       #.......#
                                 #....*# #.# #+####### #.......###############
                                 #.....# #]# #.......###.............../.......
                                 #.....# #.# #.......##.################.<.....
                                 #.....# #*###.......#*##              #.......
                                  ###### #.##.#######]##               #######
                                         #..]##    #.##
                                         #####     ###
    Hope          St:46  Le:21  Wi:35  Dx:39  To:33  Ch:26  Ap: 1  Ma: 8  Pe:14 L+
    DV/PV: 73/38   H: 544(544)    P: 199(208)    Exp: 32/16065786   D: 50 Sp: 127
    Blessed Bloated
    Last edited by Sadface; 03-21-2010 at 07:54 PM.
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

Now all we need is three eternal guardians... One who always lies, one who always say the truth, and one who always whack the ones asking stupid questions.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game