Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst (Pre)Crowning Luck Ever...

Default Worst (Pre)Crowning Luck Ever...

1st precrown: Black book.
    2nd precrown: Hammer of the gods.
    Crowning: Shezestriakis.

...Really? I guess I'll be wielding Big Punch till the end...(troll, probably
    won't get to a high enough level to get the RCT).
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

nathrakh Guest

IIRC my gnomish merchant got:

precrown: staff of the archmagi
    crowning: gauntlets of eternal peace
    uselessness: black tome.

Hm, just noticed my post sort of sounded like I was implying big
    punch is a bad weapon...It's not, I usually just do not have 28
    base strength
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

I remember getting Farslayer,, then the archimagi staff. And getting crowned with shezekatris. Awful
    (remember what i think about missle wep)
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Dude, just because you hate missile weapons for no good reason does not make Farslayer a crap precrown. At all. I might as well say getting Executor is a crap precrown, cos I don't like axes, I prefer to use wooden sticks as my main attack choice, ergo all weapons are shit. No, all weapons are not shit (just cat's claw ), I just chose not to use them.

The precrown-available artifacts are what they are, people who waste time scumming for 3 precrowns (really, one is enough) deserve all they get

Quote Originally Posted by vogonpoet View Post
    Dude, just because you hate missile weapons for no good reason does not make Farslayer a crap precrown. At all. I might as well say getting Executor is a crap precrown, cos I don't like axes, I prefer to use wooden sticks as my main attack choice, ergo all weapons are shit. No, all weapons are not shit (just cat's claw ), I just chose not to use them.

The precrown-available artifacts are what they are, people who waste time scumming for 3 precrowns (really, one is enough) deserve all they get
    Didn't say it was crap. It's crap for a missileless weapon, that's all i meant. Executor wouldn't be total crap for a non-weapon guy, cuz he could throw it.
    And the 3 precrowns was because i had 4 squares with stomafillia in their equations.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Murphy's rule of ADOM: If you scum for a 2nd precrown you'll get a crap precrown gift. Also, if you play a char with Shezy's Fucking Gauntlets as a possible crowning gift, you will get Shezy's Fucking Awful Gauntlets as a crowning gift.
    Last edited by Grey; 03-18-2010 at 01:16 PM.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Didn't say it was crap. It's crap for a missileless weapon, that's all i meant. Executor wouldn't be total crap for a non-weapon guy, cuz he could throw it.
    still, it wasn't an awful precrowning set. If I make an artifactless character, I don't bitch that my 3 precrowns were useless :P

I don't even mind getting the black tome - dilemma free ratling fodder, whats not to like?

For all the violent disagreeing with Dudley's self-centered "Farslayer is bad" fallacy, the black tome is crap.

That said, complaining about bad precrownings at all is pretty whiny to begin with. You can just not precrown. You save yourself the hassle, the potential disappointment, and the cakewalk if you do actually get good artifacts.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.