Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Second Precrown - How Many Livesacs?

Default Second Precrown - How Many Livesacs?

Lv 11 Trollish Archer. First precrown, (helm? crown?) of leadership. Just ate the oracle and had dooming removed so I am at 'very close'. At this point, how many more livesacs will it take before I can get another precrown? (I suppose I need to be careful with my L+ alignment.)

think about thousands )

I think about 40-100 is a good bet. Praying doesn't cost much if the god does nothing, so if you pray every 40 sacs, you'll get your precrown eventually

Quote Originally Posted by F50 View Post
    I think about 40-100 is a good bet. Praying doesn't cost much if the god does nothing, so if you pray every 40 sacs, you'll get your precrown eventually
    This is a good plan. Thanks of the advice. =)

I`d say something like 200. [SPOILER] Live sac gives almost 500 piety, 60000 is needed for the 2nd precrown (~40000 with "very close"), but you must sac at least 1 creature for 150-200 moves since your piety constantly drops down, so it can be far more than 100 or even 200.

Also, [SPOILER] Blessed Stomafilia herbs are worth just as much piety as livesacs if not more. Of course, this requires herbalism and a stoma square...

This poor character is anything but an herbmaster. But I can kill things with rocks. =)

I've gotten a second precrown with *significantly* less than 200. I think it was less than 100. Naturally, this was on PC:5. My character level wasn't very high at the time. I think level is a large factor when saccing monsters, but I don't have any sort of study to back it up.

I *do* know that getting crowned immediately after a precrown takes no more than 40 monsters for me usually.

2nd precrown can be incredibly tedious with livesacs unless done on a cavernous level, so I'd suggest skipping it entirely 'cause there's a good change of getting pure crap (tome,quarrel..etc) for all the work.

He speaks the truth. Crowning is much more worth it, unless you plan for an ultra.