Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hardcore Nude Action!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    Highlight to show instructions:
    snip
    [It ends here]
    Ah, right, I get it now (I thought you were proposing WoDC method as an alternative to digging the level). That's much easier than my way! I wonder how other Proton Men did it? I'd like to think I created my own, admittedly unnecessarily tedious, way of traversing D:49 as a Proton Man.

Quote Originally Posted by vogonpoet View Post
    Congrats on the cool win. Suprised the mage managed to confuse you with Wi above 60 though...
    Yeah, me too. It was instant, as well - I didn't even resist a couple of attempts before succumbing. As soon as he saw me, pow! insta-confused. It lasted for quite a while after I killed him too. Maybe his confusion can't be 'naturally' resisted with Willpower alone or something like that.

Keriax has quite severe confusion like that too - even with high Wi and 2 blessed sources of -Conf he can still mess with your head.

Congrats on the victory - sounds like a fun game. I wonder what the opposite would be like? Never hold stuff in your backpack - anything you pick up must be equipped immediately. Wizards would be the prime choice again obviously. A beastfighter Proton Man would be interesting too. As for Proton ultra, you'd also have to wield the trident when killing Andy (unless you're doing OCG). I assume you had to bypass a hostile eternal guardian? With high speed I guess that's not a challenge.

"NoGearNoCry" puts me in mind of a song about a certain Tough Boy...
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Congrats on the victory - sounds like a fun game. I wonder what the opposite would be like? Never hold stuff in your backpack - anything you pick up must be equipped immediately. Wizards would be the prime choice again obviously. A beastfighter Proton Man would be interesting too. As for Proton ultra, you'd also have to wield the trident when killing Andy (unless you're doing OCG).
    You have to wield the Sceptre for OCG, don't you? I figured that if you were going to do a 'strict' Ultra Proton, you'd have to make the ultimate sacrifice on the chaos plane and effectively commit suicide by killing Andy empty-handed.

I assume you had to bypass a hostile eternal guardian? With high speed I guess that's not a challenge.
    Yeah, it's not that much trouble. He only seems to hit even a gearless PC for around 100hp a turn, and seeing as you only have to stand next to him for one combat round, it's just an annoyance rather than a real obstacle. The speed was a plus in one respect though; my first PC was sufficiently slow that when I aggroed the EG, he'd step off the stairs and a new EG would be summoned before I had a chance to act. I ended up with about a dozen Eternal Guardian clones locked in various rooms all over the level before I managed to get to the staircase.

Quote Originally Posted by furious_styles View Post
    You have to wield the Sceptre for OCG, don't you? I figured that if you were going to do a 'strict' Ultra Proton, you'd have to make the ultimate sacrifice on the chaos plane and effectively commit suicide by killing Andy empty-handed.
    For OCG you can be naked - sceptre is not needed. The trident is needed for non-chaotics (-> avatar ending), or to make it a UCG for chaotics. The chaos wretch ending is not particularly nice - don't think it's worth doing a challenge to die like that.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

How many endings are there?

There is the normal ending where the Gate is closed, one ultra ending for each alignment and the "normal chaos god" ending. 5 in total.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

For OCG you can be naked - sceptre is not needed. The trident is needed for non-chaotics (-> avatar ending), or to make it a UCG for chaotics. The chaos wretch ending is not particularly nice - don't think it's worth doing a challenge to die like that.
    But still you have to wear/wield crown, amulet and sceptre to enter the gate.

I wonder what the opposite would be like? Never hold stuff in your backpack - anything you pick up must be equipped immediately. Wizards would be the prime choice again obviously.
    Did I understand something wrong, without using backpack wizards are total shit? With no spellbooks. You could hold food in missile slot, to prevent starvation... Barbarians would be good, maybe even elementalists could be nice.

Edit: and about endings, aside from the 5 obvious wins, and dying, there are some which are a bit in-between. Like becoming a true chaos servant (or something like that, entering the gate with a chaotic but not OCG/UCG requirements), turning into chaos wretch, leaving the chain early...
    Last edited by Ars; 04-03-2009 at 02:51 AM.

Ah of course, silly me - wizards would be fairly useless without their spellbooks! Hmm, maybe archers then, if they never identify their ammo (so they just massively stack up all the 1d6es). Drakelings would be best - food preservation so you can live off just eating corpses from the ground (with the odd prayer for satiation) and acid spit to help now and then.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer

I would say Drakeling Monk. If you're forced to equip everything they pick up, then what happens when you equip a cursed weapon? What happens if said weapon rusts and breaks? You're taking a lot more chances wiht your equipment, and nerfing your damage is the last thing you want to do. Plus they eat less food AND have food preservation.