Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: wishing questions?

Question wishing questions?

yo dudes, i dont have another wish or anything just got some questions...

I know they are arent ideal but is there any decent helms u can wish for? crown of lighting or regen work? and if so as crown(s*)

do any rings work? elemental mastery, karmic absorption, slaying or regen?

obviously there would be no decent cloaks eh? (if u have invis intrisinct)

any decent bracers? regen, toughness, speed, or resistance, any of those work?

what specific skills can be wished for? i know concentration, find weakness work.. at one point i try Alertness cuz my Pally definately could have used it and it boosts perception :\

idk just kinda some questions i had and any extra useful tips would be cool too, i read the guidebook page on wishes just trying to find out other interesting stuff

and finally how does the ring of weakness scumming work? u just put on the ring and run around burdened and ull get to 99 fairly easily?

For ring of scumming.... woops of weakness, you'll work better if running around strained. and yes. and i only use that ring to eat corpses.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Seven league boots are an awesome wish if you don't have them yet. They let you walk twice as fast, which means you can shoot missiles more often without retaliation using hit and run tactics, let alone basically evade and maneuver any way you want.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by CConner187 View Post
    yo dudes, i dont have another wish or anything just got some questions...

I know they are arent ideal but is there any decent helms u can wish for? crown of lighting or regen work? and if so as crown(s*)
    Crowns of fire, lightning, regeneration, leadership, or helms of mental stability are all decent. Not wish-worthy per se, but not bad.

do any rings work? elemental mastery, karmic absorption, slaying or regen?
    All non-artifact rings can be wished for. Karmic are junk. Slaying and regen are both pretty good. I wouldn't normally wish for regen myself. Some people really like elemental mastery, but I think elemental resistance are normally good enough.

obviously there would be no decent cloaks eh? (if u have invis intrisinct)
    Nope.

any decent bracers? regen, toughness, speed, or resistance, any of those work?
    Resistance are probably the only ones worth getting. Toughness might be worthwhile if you could wish for multiple bracers (nobody knows how) as to try to get a +7 pair or something.

what specific skills can be wished for? i know concentration, find weakness work.. at one point i try Alertness cuz my Pally definately could have used it and it boosts perception :\
    Everything except Alertness and Healing

and finally how does the ring of weakness scumming work? u just put on the ring and run around burdened and ull get to 99 fairly easily?
    Well, "fairly easily" is a bit of a stretch. It takes a long time, but, yes, you're constantly training St while you wear it Strained. For faster results, combine with fighting/eating ogre armies in the wilderness.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Ring of scumming!!! Lol!!

Anyway umm, if you want to do the flaming tower, you can wish for red scalemails that give immunity... HOWEVER wishing for a crown of fire is an interesting option! It's only +1DV and +2PV, but it can be smithed for better stats later, whereas you're sure to find a good armour later in the game too (at which point the crown will add to the benefit). Same goes for crown of regeneration. However crown of regeneration can melt in the tower.... I think.

As for RINGS of regeneration, you can use THREE rings of regeneration if the wish gives them to you. The wish can give you 2-4 of them, and if you get at least three, you can wear them in ring slots, plus missile slot. You'll quickly find that healing after fights stops being an issue from here on.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Try amulet of life saving if Khelly is alive, or maybe red dragon scale mails.
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"

Quote Originally Posted by Elone View Post

HOWEVER wishing for a crown of fire is an interesting option! It's only +1DV and +2PV, but it can be smithed for better stats later, whereas you're sure to find a good armour later in the game too (at which point the crown will add to the benefit).

The problem with the crown is that its not made of a strong metal like adamantium so it can be destroyed by a falling ceiling or stone block or an acid trap. It's also susceptible to rusting.. I'd stick to the RDSM or ring of elemental mastery under the elemental gauntlets

Crown of fire is also vulnerable to fire damage when unworn or on the ground, coincidently.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

does ring of weakness (Scumming) lol work better with 2?... im not saying im gonna do it considering i dont have it but if i could i probably would considering i cant beat this game for shit lol

and i have alot of good intrinsics but i think crown of lightning would be solid cuz the plus 5 speed.

and ring of karmic.... would be nice for me cuz i dont even have a missle weapon or missles yo.

does ring of weakness (Scumming) lol work better with 2?... im not saying im gonna do it considering i dont have it but if i could i probably would considering i cant beat this game for shit lol
    Only one ring of weakness is required. It brings your St stat to a set amount depending on b/u/c status.

and ring of karmic.... would be nice for me cuz i dont even have a missle weapon or missles yo.
    Pick up a stack of rocks from your local tension room collapsing door area. Anything can be used as a missile. RoKA are a pretty poor investment.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ