Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cool story, bro.

nathrakh Guest

Default Cool story, bro.

Sorry for all non-Finnish people, but I can only share this like this: SAATANAN PERKELE!

I went to buy SEUTULIPPU(tm) (a kind of card used to travel with busses. It cost 79 euros (RAGINGLY high cost), 73e a month + 6 euros for the "opening payment" (I don't know how to say it in English), so I plug my credit card to the slot to pay with it, then I enter my password (combination of 4 digits), and get an ERROR. I got huuuge blackout and froze. I tried again, no. Again no. Account closed... So I say sorry and the clerk says it's ok, it can happen to anyone.

So I go to my bank by foot (~2km there and back), open the account and it should work now ok. I remember my real password on the way... so I'm back at the bus station, stick my card to the slot and... Account closed. Are.. you... kidding.. me? That machine must think I'm a frikkin criminal. My rage-o-meter increases very high and I'm about to burst.... Can't help. I need that bus card..! (if I buy a ticket everytime, it'd cost me 8,20 euros from my place to the city and back)!

So I walk to the bank again... btw. There's a long line.... So I wait and wait. Finally get my turn and I re-open the account, but also withdraw 80 euros to pay by fucking cash this time. Walk back to the bus station.. finally get the card... Now I understand that this isn't much compared to some other people's problems but I still want to share it.

To not let this thread be only a whine post of one person, please share what made YOU rage today. (Hopefully nothing, but everyone gets pleasure when they read of other's misery)... atleast I do.. and Silfir probably.

73 euros for a month's bus ticket? Are the seats polstered with cashmere or something? I pay 120 for a six month ticket, and I can ride trains with it. Though that one is a special thing for unversity students.

Can't really laugh at that story either because I had the exact same thing happen to me once. Forgot my bank's debit card PIN number and managed to completely forget it. Had to pay 5 euros for a new one with a new number. I was not pleased.

Also: Riveting tale, chap.
    Last edited by Silfir; 03-23-2010 at 04:25 PM.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

nathrakh Guest

Quote Originally Posted by nathrakh View Post
    but everyone gets pleasure when they read of other's misery)... atleast I do.. and Silfir probably.
    I see you didn't decline this.. :-)

Oh, perkele, the memories! I used to hear that word kinda a lot back when I played WoW, hehe...

Depends on the misery. If it is actual misery rather than a "minor inconvenience you brought upon yourself", I don't tend to take pleasure in that, no.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Why no cars?
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    Why no cars?
    Ha, I actually lolled

nathrakh Guest

What made me rage today:

We had a new teacher at the course (luckily she won't be coming back!).. the days was quite short actually (~6 hours) but SHE was so annoyingly slow and boring that it almost felt like it lasted a lot longer..

She taught about different learning methods and how people learn differently, we did some tests to see our preferred learning method and some other stuff... It was all so boring.. she was also clearly a beginner at teaching/giving lectures. She froze frequently and had problems making clever sentences all the time. She talked about irrevelant shit a lot and so on.

I also felt slight nausea throughtout the whole day, despite eating a healthy breakfast as usual (porridge and rye bread)..

Quite mild rage compared to my previous whine but still... Share your rage, share your pain.

Physics lab today.

I was not particularly feeling well.

Unfortunately, two members of my lab team have made it quite clear
    through their actions that they are quite willing to coast along and
    copy down results instead of helping in the experiments.

...So our lab took an extra hour as they tried to figure out how to
    increase the angle of an INCLINED PLANE. *feels like I'm working with idiots*
    Code:
    Really kick the child? [y/N]

....@.....
    ....t.....
    Yo dawg I heard you like buffalo so I put buffalo in your Buffalo now you can buffalo Buffalo buffalo while your Buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo!

Ultras: GE Farmer, Hurthling Thief, Orc Weaponsmith
    Wins: HE Priest, GE Wizard, Human Necromancer, Gnome Elementalist, HE barbarian, Gnome Mindcrafter, Hurthling Paladin, Troll Healer

How do you increase the angle of an inclined plane? I'm a bit confused since I worked with German terms back in school. I know what a plane is, and what an incline is, so I guess the angle of an inclined plane is how inclined it is compared to a "base" plane? I guess you can increase that angle by... um... Well, since you're in a physics class, I guess you can drill a hole in the inclined plane (I), put a rocket (R) in it, orthogonally but pointing towards the plane (Y) orthogonal to the base plane (X), penetrating it at the line the inclined plane meets the base plane, and light the rocket; it will cause the inclined plane to rotate at the line in which it converges with the base plane, thereby increasing the angle of the inclined plane, like so (viewed from the side):