Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: After level 50?

Default After level 50?

Hi all
    someone know how work experiencing after the 50Th Level?
    i've restored a lvl 50 mage for a deep run in the coc
    after a hundred of stairs i've "passed" a level
    in other words i had the possibility to increase my skills once again

"you have reached the maximum xp level"
    ok but...Not at all...

how can i ceck my over xp progress?

TY!
    A true lier in a world of lying truth

Happens often. but IIRC you don't get increses in HP or PP as a normal one would.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

ok ty
    it's the 3th Extra level i've obtained...
    probably there is no real limit to the xp point you can collect...
    Maybe i've noticed only now beacuse i have some skill to improve
    if you have all to 100 or no chanse to improve skills you may never
    recieve any advice of the "extra-level up"
    those xtra lvel affect game in other ways? (for ex monster gen in small cave...)
    A true lier in a world of lying truth

It's not a level up. It's just that every bunch of XP you get skill upgrades.

I think it's connected to skill training somehow, since I had one of these happen while travelling the wilderness, i. e. when I wasn't collecting any XP.

I say "I", it was Rhea, the first Roman Republic Character. Still, someone know the exact mechanics of this?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

It's based on skill training, and it only allows skill increases. I think it's every 100 successful skill checks, or something along those lines.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

1. You have to have collected XP since your last (fake or real) level equal to the difference between your level 50 XP requirement and your level 49 XP requirement.

2. You have to have at least one trained skill.

So if it took you 20mil XP to get from level 49 to 50, from here on you can get this sort of training every 20mil exp points, but not AT the exp gain, but next skill training? That would explain the skill levelup window appearing even while just walking through wilderness, and it would explain why it shows at the times it shows too.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

After you reach level 50 by "normal" gaining experience, you have to collect rare stat-potions to advance further. To gain level 51, for example, you need first to shift to the astral plane, then locate the exit to avernus and finally the gates of Tiamat's palace. This is an extremely tough area with aggressive fierce dragons that make ancient wyrms look like sleeping kittens. Once you attack one, or they attack you they track so if possible you should set up walls and fight only one at a time. Tiamat herself has three heads which act completely independantly of each other. In addition to normal elemental breaths she can also breathe "blackness" which is unresistable and does a lot of damage. She has a few nice guaranteed drops, including artifact helmet which gives the "vampiric touch" ability, but also holds the key to the vault (undiggable, unkickable area). Inside this vault are some nice random items and a potion which will grant level 51 when quaffed.

-Sorry, got a bit carried away. Wrong game. Could have been fun though -
    ADOM General's warning: Treasure Hunting causes slowness, frailty, terrible markmanship and is dangerous to your characters' health

You had me going, Molach =p

I've never reached past level 15, plus I'm as gullible as they come