Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: How to get L+?

Rings of Doom are indeed essential S&M gear. Mostly naked, with 2 rings of doom, that one [+0, -3] leather cap you found, and the [+0, -1] robe, a Whip of Slaughtering, and you are good to go.

I have successfully killed a PC after closing the gate with such a combination. Remember, as well as reducing your PV by 10, wearing two rings of doom will actually (wait for it) doom you, so some care is required.

/And when I say successfully, I mean accidentally.Grr.

Also, have sources of regeneration. Otherwise, you'll send AGES waiting for your health to come back.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

Get an amulet of order from the sheriff, bless it and just wear it while you keep playing normally. You'll be L+ relatively soon (in 10000-20000 turns depending on your level).
    Alignment boost towards lawful are multiplied by (51-level) / 50 so if you do something that gives you +1000 stones at level 1, you'll still get +500 stones from the same action at level 26.

> Base TO is 30. Meaning 5 PV

6, but that's just being nitpicky, I know.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Go to wilderness, encounter dog packs, throw them the bones that you got by defeating skeletons every one in a while. Then you can order the dog to attack something comparatively weak, like another dog, or goblin, while you stay next to them and heal both. This will get you there quickly, as long as you can cast enough cure light wounds on them. Another trick is to use if you havent killed any dogs yet. As you kill many, they gain levels, including PV. But if you killed none, they will be generated at level 1 and zero PV. Then you get equipped for ToEF and take the dog in there. The dog will lose 1hp per turn. Stand in the initial room with staircases, try to lock yourself away in it, and start healing the mutt. You can even leave the dog there when done, for another time.
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

The forces of Law may also be appeased by drowning your pets, as well as burning them.

nathrakh Guest

Lawful gods love when you choke-torment your bunnies.

Just remember to keep them alive, to prolong their suffering.. :-)

Makes me wonder, is there a way to tame a battle bunny?
    ▼ All their fault. ▼

Scroll of familiar summoning in momma dragon's cave + lost of casting of cure light wounds. Poisoned pet also works well - heal it every time you see it wince in pain.

Amulet of law because less effective at high levels. Before level 30 it works a charm though.

Whipping works best with PV lowered by -PV items and sickness (to get your To down). I usually collect every whip I find in hope of slaughtering or a pre/suffix that changes the die roll. Only the die roll counts towards the damage dealt by the way - normal damage plusses from strength/tactics/rings/etc are irrelevant.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    > Base TO is 30. Meaning 5 PV

6, but that's just being gutpicky, I know.
    My bad.
    Thank you for your help everyone. I had to take a break from adom so I am on CoC 9 right now and level 10.
    Also, does anyone know what you press to make it so that whenenver you press any button it is the equivilant of pressing space when there is a lot of chat?
    Again, which is better: Big punch+shield, spear+shield, or staff of smiting +4, 1d37+2?

Of course, I have to slay a green hag.
    Last edited by DumbleDoor; 03-24-2010 at 11:33 PM.
    The RNG is the source of chaos and corruption.
    "You talk to molest, the female dwarven child. Molest, the female dwarven child, grunts: "Me wanna sugar, please?"