Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pressing bug fixes: Which ones?

Everything listed as a "Major bug" in http://it-is-law.com/adom/index.php?...me_Suggestions .

The save scumming thing should be kept (for regular adom) because noobs like me need a little extra help.

Also, the necromancer To thingy. It should only count for base To instead of boosted To.
    When in darkness, you can always see the light (unless you're in ADOM)

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

Default Thanks a lot but...

Thanks a lot for the enourmous and great feedback, folks! But I fumbled in a serious way... see my posting from this morning. I would be very greatful if you could add you bug reports (bug by bug) to the ADOM project management tool as explained in the post.

This will help to speed up ADOM 2.0.0 development immensely!

Thanks! And I'm sorry for not thinking about this earlier. I'm still getting attuned to ADOM development after the long absence ;-)
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

Well, thanks for coming back TB! It's been too long since you left!

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.

Quote Originally Posted by IGB View Post
    * the candle birthsign is way too overpowered compared to others
    Adom was never supposed to be balanced in all it's aspects. Leave this as is (since I really don't even think this is too overpowered compared to Raven for example. Natural healing becomes insignificant after some spence gardening, +10 to speed is great all through the game).

Edit: Same applies to Vanquisher, but the double chance of getting it for Barbarians is perhaps too good (still it's a two-hander which means you'll have about 30 less DV in the end game so I'll take Executor over Vanquisher any day)

Edit2: Metallurgy skill has way more practical use than Haggling for example (especially for the people not reading the GB). Again imo there must be also less usefull (useless?) skills or bards will become even more overpowered than they already are. That being said I think metallurgy should be the skill affecting ore gains from mining the way gemology affects gems, since the logic would then be more consistent.
    Last edited by Unforgiven82; 04-06-2010 at 07:43 PM.

I've played many barbs and only once got vanquisher. Mostly I get skull or death's blade.

I don't think this qualifies as a bug, but it is SUPER annoying. Herb generations should be set to a certain value. I had a really good herb explosion going until five generations past before I could get to it (and I was super close) and it went into another threesome regeneration (when there are three at the top, bottom, and both side [some distance apart] and they keep going vertical to horizontal.

Quote Originally Posted by The Metro Gnome View Post
    I've played many barbs and only once got vanquisher. Mostly I get skull or death's blade.

I don't think this qualifies as a bug, but it is SUPER annoying. Herb generations should be set to a certain value. I had a really good herb explosion going until five generations past before I could get to it (and I was super close) and it went into another threesome regeneration (when there are three at the top, bottom, and both side [some distance apart] and they keep going vertical to horizontal.
    If herbs could be harvested without fear of a cyckle hitting in between all of my chars that find an altar in the beginning caves (which is almost all of them) would precrown three times. rest would have to settle for two because of the Si being generated. If you olay around even a bit with a LIFE simulator you'll very soon find out that very simple patches can be grown to huge proportions quite fast. I think herbs are overpowered as is and if anything they should be nerfed. They're so powerfull that the boring grind it takes to get the "necessary" herbs is practically mandatory, and all mandatory grinding in any game is a big minus in my books.

Also I got the vanquisher three times in a row playing barbs so that evens it out that you're not getting any

I can't endure farming stoma for more than two precrowns. The third is too expensive for my patience.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

Herbs are a bit overpowered. I started out with a small t shaped and ended up with a huge poke ball shaped thing, which then went south after 5 simultaneous generations.

Quote Originally Posted by fazisi View Post
    I can't endure farming stoma for more than two precrowns. The third is too expensive for my patience.
    As it is I agree. If however they could be always groomed without risk of multiple gens passing three precrowns and a crowning wouldn't even take too long (you can make ingredible stuff out of a simple T-shape fairly quickly if you manage to groom it properly). Which was my point.