Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Thread: iADOM Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin View Post
    Play with the Crawl sources... you mentioned them as being excellent
    No, I did not. I don't know how much Stone Soup team has improved the source code, but the original source code was a total mess. Stone Soup guys are heroes, they took almost an impossible job to use Crawl's horrible source code.

Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin View Post
    What's so important about the ADOM sources?
    The fact that you haven't done anything to ADOM for years. No bug fixes, no nothing. Maybe someone else could?

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus View Post
    No, I did not. I don't know how much Stone Soup team has improved the source code, but the original source code was a total mess. Stone Soup guys are heroes, they took almost an impossible job to use Crawl's horrible source code.
    I've heard in some of Biskup's interviews that the ADOM code is messy. You sure you'd want it?

The fact that you haven't done anything to ADOM for years. No bug fixes, no nothing. Maybe someone else could?
    He just said now that he would do that stuff. So then it's kind of moot, no?

I don't think Angelus should be banned. He's not influencing
    anyone's opinion, and adults can always ignore what they
    consider to be trolls. The forum even has an 'ignore' feature,
    for goodness sakes. The more you respond...

I'll just call everyone who feeds trolls NOOBS : D

I have found a few bugs in the manual and readme files,
    so I will also report them in the project tool location. I
    suspect a number of manual items didn't get updated in
    the version changes, but I have only found some magic
    related ones.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

"Angelus" plonked

I think that is an excuse, a bad one.
    TB wrote the code himself. It is his work. He owns all rights to it. He can do anything with it he wishes to do, and he needs no excuses.

He can release it, not release it, continue working on it, delete it from his hard drive, whatever. No one can tell him that he must do this or that - he has complete freedom to do anything with it he feels like doing.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

Quote Originally Posted by Laukku View Post
    He can release it, not release it, continue working on it, delete it from his hard drive, whatever. No one can tell him that he must do this or that - he has complete freedom to do anything with it he feels like doing.
    Yes, stating the obvious. That doesn't change certain things like TB keeping ADOM in frozen state for years. Who doesn't have time to fix a couple of critical bugs? And now, after all this time it's time to go Apple. With all that talking about Apple using child workers in China, who is supporting that kind of company? Not to mention the Apple way of doing software development. It has to be money and I don't have to like it. The way TB is acting is a shame, really, because ADOM is one of the better roguelikes.

Next up: ADOM is linked to Nazi Germany for it's incompatibility with palmtops!
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Godwin's Law is proven once more.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

List of things that are wrong with TB doing nothing about ADOM for eight years:

End of list.

You don't have to like Apple and you don't have to like the iADOM project and you can name your reasons for that (however off-the-wall), but you could kindly stop whining and bitching and moaning about Thomas' life choices.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Awesome idea for ADOM Deluxe:

1/ Allow blind PCs to be generated as an option on start-up.
    2/ Adjust code so that blind PCs are able to put the orbs in the elemental anomalies. Possibly make it Dex dependent or something? I mean come on, if a permanently blind PC can get as far as D48, mucking around with anomalies should be easy.
    3/ Watch Soirana go insane :-D