Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: first wins?

Mine was the Raven-born drakeling wizard described here.

lev 46 Dwarven monk, everything from Mana Temple felt like a god damn race against time, i was so up to my neck with trying to race to cut under the corruptions that i did not enjoy the end at all. Except for winning of course. Wands of destruction ending, normal gate closing.
    I've won with the following classes ; Monk and Bard.

So now practically no one got their first win with a wizard, is that it? Well, I did. Candle-born level 50 dark elven wizard called Rilian. I still have the flg and some notes, am too lazy to up it anywhere, but some interesting points:
    - no 7LB but only day 58, turn count 71849,
    - no acid ball (except for the level 50 ability),
    - I actually used the sword of Nonnak. I actually bashed the Chaos Archmage with the sword of Nonnak! Now is that stupid or awesome?

My first win would have been a bard (gnome or halfling). I used to play them exclusively and reroll for good starting talents so they invariably would end up like tanks in the endgame

I still enjoy bards but am not exclusive anymore
    ________
    Weed Vaporizers
    Last edited by Azz; 03-07-2011 at 05:40 AM.

Dark elf beastfighter. <3. <3<3<3<3. Love beastfighter, incarnation of raw non-item needed power. AND they get superb items.
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game

I got a first win as a wizard.

Most recent win: Dwarven merchant.
    ADOM General's warning: Treasure Hunting causes slowness, frailty, terrible markmanship and is dangerous to your characters' health

My first win was with TaDaa, the human wizard.

My second win (ULE) was with TaDaa II, the human wizard.
    You hit Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, and severely wound him.
    The greater balor summons some help!
    The ratling duelist disarms you. You drop your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12]. It flies to the west.
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].
    Andor Drakon, the ElDeR cHaOs GoD, wields the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster (+36, 6d12+18) [+12, +12].

My first win was a Gelf Wizard, born in Wand or Salamander probably.
    It took something like 190 game days, and was ridiculously overpowered by the time I cleared D50 - Wi stat was crazy pumped up in the 60s or something - preserver and nonnack and wishes for Wi. Ball spell overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Dark elf beastfighter. <3. <3<3<3<3. Love beastfighter, incarnation of raw non-item needed power. AND they get superb items.
    I recently won with a dark elven beastfighter and thus share your love. :P Very straightforward fist-to-the-face play was refreshingly simple. Although the ruthless elf did resort to acid bolting the Ancient Stone Beast which kind of ruined his image.

If you enjoyed the acid bolting, try a high elf beastie. Gosh. Once you've made the rift, you're a mix between a wiz and a beastie. It's just superb

And the ancient stone beast fell easily for me, critical+critical+critical was critical(BoW+RoMC+Find weakness...)
    Haven't won with : Druid, Priest, Elementalist, Weaponsmith, Ranger, Merchants, farmers, Necromancer,Thief
    Currently trying : Entertaining girlfriend. Very, Very, VERY hard.

Just a silly online game