Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: YAVP Gnome Bard (first since comeback, second total)

No prayers is usually a good one to go for to add a bit of challenge.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer View Post
    No prayers is usually a good one to go for to add a bit of challenge.
    This might be fun. I just wonder how corrupted I would get for repeatedly using the water orb.

Alternative: you may only use one prayer during the game (so you can get crowned).
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    I really like these restrictions. In fact, in my current game I have imposed some very similar restrictions on myself. It gets boring how the same blinding potions and slaying ammo make any hard fight easy, doesn't it?

One additional rule in the same spirit that I could think of is: no 7LB / Hack 'n Back technique. (Hit, step back, wait for monster, repeat).
    This I actually don't like. Hack and back is quite essential (especially when using the restrictions above), and it can easily fail by runing to a dead end. One of my chars was actually killing a greater moloch with a vanquisher in DH when an emperor lich cut his escape

Also if I put restriction to 7lb I might just as well put restrictions to the many extremely powerfull artifacts in the game or to the amount of artifacts I can equip. 7lbs can be destroyed and are very rare after all and also they are clearly meant to be extremely powerfull by design. If I happen to get a char with robes of resistance, ring of immunity, bracers of war, holy scarf, helm of 'whatever was the good one', cloak of 'whatever was the good one', 7lb and girdle of GS (also two early penetrating daggers for this challenge and a lot of increase melee XX scrolls); I'll just figure the rng likes my restrictions and wants to be nice to me (just because I'm a mathematician and have studied statistics doesn't mean I don't believe RNG is a concious being).

Ps. The reason for those "whatever was the good one" is that I haven't found any artifact cloaks or headgear since starting again with adom and I won't bother to check the GB just to list them here. You all get the idea anyways.