Thread: apple has bogus policies

Well, Apple certainly has its opinons. Since it's their right to play in their playground as they like I can't say anything against it - as long as they do not violate any laws. Although I personally do not like any kind of censorship, especially if it's highly intransparent.

Could the Apple behaviour be a result of the somewhat idiotic US legal system? We Europeans keep laughing about the very strange law suits US americans seem to be fighting out (and even winning). And don't mention US patent law which surely is born in Hell. Apple might be trying to prevent any legal problems that could arise from a more uncontrolled distributon of content. The section about "banning content that ridicules public persons" just sounds like it.

In contrast to Apples censorship I personally am more concerned about what Google might be doing... because we most probably wouldn't be able to notice any influence they exert on media messages, etc. With Apple there at least is a public uproar.
    Thomas Biskup
    ADOM & Ultimate ADOM Maintainer
    https://www.adom.de - https://www.ultimate-adom.com

Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin View Post
    Well, Apple certainly has its opinons. Since it's their right to play in their playground as they like I can't say anything against it - as long as they do not violate any laws. Although I personally do not like any kind of censorship, especially if it's highly intransparent.

Could the Apple behaviour be a result of the somewhat idiotic US legal system? We Europeans keep laughing about the very strange law suits US americans seem to be fighting out (and even winning). And don't mention US patent law which surely is born in Hell. Apple might be trying to prevent any legal problems that could arise from a more uncontrolled distributon of content. The section about "banning content that ridicules public persons" just sounds like it.

In contrast to Apples censorship I personally am more concerned about what Google might be doing... because we most probably wouldn't be able to notice any influence they exert on media messages, etc. With Apple there at least is a public uproar.
    I wonder if ADOM will be denied because the statue in mana temple can be seen as ridiculing the Cerator

Apple is not going to bounce ADOM based on content. FWIW, the people reviewing the app will probably not even make it to level 2. Having said that, they can always pull something if there are complaints. Then again... the kind of people who would complain will probably not make it past level 2... (Speaking of which... maybe add a $0.99 in app purchase to revive a dead character?)

One of my apps was pulled from the store after about 1.5 years. But I hope it will be available again soon (I had to make some small changes). *fingers crossed*
    “It's a cruel and random world, but the ChAoS is all so beautiful.” ― Hiromu Arakawa

Apple's app store is a private club. The rules are really just guidelines. They may let you in if you break the rules in an unobtrusive way. Likewise, they can kick you out if you follow the rules but are otherwise obnoxious. Apple does not need a reason.