Thread: How much damage can a last fever attack cause?

Default How much damage can a last fever attack cause?

Okay so I've been trying to boost my stats pass 25 with sickness and my last character died from "you are wracked with one last feverish fit...." You die. I had 30hp. So my question is there a small chance that you could die from a fever no matter what your health is or is there a max attack of a feverish fit?

You don't need to risk the last fit at all. You only need to be sick when you train the stat (with Garth, with herbs, what have you). After that, just get yourself cured (potions of healing, curaria herbs, what have you), and your stat will raise later on its own. So optimally you only need to be sick for two turns: 1. train stat, 2. get cured.

Overall it is safer not to try sickness training if you have no means of curing sickness... Starving is less risky in this case. If you have enough To you can remain sick, eating kobolds on the way, between trainings - this way you do not get the last fit.

I believe the last fever shock can do up to about 40 damage.
    Hoping to win with every class, doomed. Archer, Barbarian, Bard, Beastfighter, Druid, Elementalist, Farmer, Fighter, Monk, and ULE Priest down.

i do recall fifty hp being called save margin. well, since sickness halves hp and gives negatives to stats you probably need 120-130hp while healthy to survive it without problems.
    So far rolled 15 casters with RoDS and shamelessly killed them within 200 turns. For eternium glory!
    (after 15 I stopped counting...)

Quote Originally Posted by Ybirk View Post
    Okay so I've been trying to boost my stats pass 25 with sickness and my last character died from "you are wracked with one last feverish fit...." You die. I had 30hp. So my question is there a small chance that you could die from a fever no matter what your health is or is there a max attack of a feverish fit?
    Wait. Before using sickness training, boost up your stats to 25 first! I can't believe you had a max HP of ~60 with 25 toughness by the time you had the means to train via sickness (and access to herbs, of course).

> you are wracked with one last feverish fit...." You die

If you eat multiple devil's roses, your 'last fit' damage
    will stack. Someone once got 'fit' damage in the mid
    hundreds.
    "Whip me!" pleads the adom player. The rng replies... "No."

Quote Originally Posted by gut View Post
    > you are wracked with one last feverish fit...." You die

If you eat multiple devil's roses, your 'last fit' damage
    will stack. Someone once got 'fit' damage in the mid
    hundreds.
    It was I that ate several hundred devil's roses during herb training thinking it would increase length of sickness. Instead, it increased the final fit's damage to the low thousands. (That's right, just over 1K damage)