Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey! Gimme that back!

Default Hey! Gimme that back!

After getting the medal of chaos I figured I could shoot the demented ratling in the face for XP. I received the following hilarious exchange for my trouble:

The demented ratling nimbly catches the blessed silvery arrow "True Aim" (+10, 15d5). The demented ratling lifts the blessed silvery arrow "True Aim" to his mouth. Suddenly his mouth grows to enormous proportions! The demented ratling devours the blessed silvery arrow "True Aim"!

My poor crowning gift =(

rofl, i wasn't aware the demented ratling could do that
    I haven't yet finished an ADOM game, but i haven't given up on trying yet either.

You didn't want it anyway. Too bad about crowning.

If you just drop artifacts, would the ratling pick them up & devour?

It'd be hilarious if he were like a rust monster, and while fighting you he'd grab and eat your artifacts.

"The demented ratling nimbly catches the blessed Bracers of War. The demented ratling lifts the blessed Bracers of War to his mouth. Suddenly his mouth grows to enormous proportions! The demented ratling devours the blessed Bracers of War!"

For the player, chances are it wouldn't be too hilarious

Congrats on losing True Aim. =P

Quote Originally Posted by mike View Post
    It'd be hilarious if he were like a rust monster, and while fighting you he'd grab and eat your artifacts.
    What if he were like a ratling dualist? Imagine this on your way down to D50 to kill Andy, and wanted to get some extra EXP:

"The demented ratling disarms you! Your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster flies to the east. The demented ratling picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. The demented ratling lifts the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster to his mouth. Suddenly his mouth grows to enormous proportions! The demented ratling devours the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster!"

Quote Originally Posted by RndmNumGenerator View Post
    What if he were like a ratling dualist? Imagine this on your way down to D50 to kill Andy, and wanted to get some extra EXP:

"The demented ratling disarms you! Your blessed Trident of the Red Rooster flies to the east. The demented ratling picks up the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster. The demented ratling lifts the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster to his mouth. Suddenly his mouth grows to enormous proportions! The demented ratling devours the blessed Trident of the Red Rooster!"
    Not much different from "You hit the emperor moloch and slay him. Fire elemental breathes fire at you! Something on the ground is burned to ashes within moments!". And guess what was that "something"...

Quote Originally Posted by Sami View Post
    Not much different from "You hit the emperor moloch and slay him. Fire elemental breathes fire at you! Something on the ground is burned to ashes within moments!". And guess what was that "something"...
    Definitely not the TotRR, because it is an artifact and therefore indestructible.
    Of course it's unfair - that's the whole point.

The Adom wiki: everything you don't want to know about Adom.
    http://ancardia.wikia.com/