Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Elementalists

Now explain to me how Willpower increases the hydrogen bomb explosion radius (which normally appears to be about five meters, given that's the size of a dungeon square)!
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Now explain to me how Willpower increases the hydrogen bomb explosion radius (which normally appears to be about five meters, given that's the size of a dungeon square)!
    Willpower helps against confusion, no? So high willpower - less confusion about which atoms goes where (or whatever) - better bomb - larger radius. Ka-chow.

Back on topic:

I really liked playing a troll elementalist. Since I play *all* my trolls as fighters, this one happily bashed everything in the head.

The benefit of an elementalist is that it doesn't matter that my starting Int is 2-3. I'll still be able to cast Burning Hands enought to wipe out anything really mean (e.g. stone jelly, doppleganger lord, ghost lord...)

This guy was doing really well until I stepped on the altar in the ToEF

Troll anythings could be played as bashers, with suppert of "whatever". Mindcraft, wizardry. So Troll elementalist as basher with spell backup makes good sense.

In my opinion an elementalist should be played precicely as you describe. physical damage backup by magic when needed. Faster-levelling chars can rely more on magic, while trolls must be mostly melee, and occationally magic.

Lucky spellbook finds, or a visit to the library can be times when you just decide to go all-out magic.

Magic ability also makes the very early game very safe - you can use 100 % magic till level 7-8, and gather a nice stash of items to help out real weakling races.