Thread: "What does THIS do?"

Default "What does THIS do?"

I'm new to this. First game, I gen a grey elf wizard; ran into a rat's nest at level 1 and levelled up to 6 in short order; everything going nicely. I'm messing around with the interface, trying to work out what I can do with various things.

"Alchemy? How does this work.. Hmm, best stick to these potions of water. That can't do anything bad."

YASD.

Shift-R (or, as you will often read it, "R" as in capital R) will display the recipes you know (one per 10 points of Alchemy). Every other thinkable combination will result in BOOM BABY.

Incidentally, if you're immune to fire and protect your equipment in some way (fireproof blanket while wearing nothing flammable or meltable), you can use this to make free fireballs without having to cast the spell.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.