Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: W?reldbeker, World Cup, Weltmeistershaft; its coming, yet we debate colons?

Surely Grey is a non-resident Irish person?

Its funny, I actually miss Manchester sometimes - lived near it for ages, and in it for 6 months.
    Watching the England game on Saturday here in Novi Sad just isn't the same as some random pub in Manchester... is the Big Screen on Exchange Square still there? That would be an awesome place to watch the game tomorrow, if the weather is nice??? I guess its not 34 degrees in the UK though

Resident as in residing in the ADOM forum. Isn't that what it means?
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Ok, I can't watch that with sound on. The backround noice is just too goddamn awful. Nicely ruined the opening match.

Apparently its some kind of plastic horn (vuvuzela?) the south africans like play in games.

Horrible, I hope they ban it! Ban it!

Quote Originally Posted by vogonpoet View Post
    Its funny, I actually miss Manchester sometimes - lived near it for ages, and in it for 6 months.
    Watching the England game on Saturday here in Novi Sad just isn't the same as some random pub in Manchester... is the Big Screen on Exchange Square still there? That would be an awesome place to watch the game tomorrow, if the weather is nice??? I guess its not 34 degrees in the UK though
    There's a few big screens around town these days. I'm expecting everywhere to be crammed like mad tomorrow... Weather is predicted to be sunny and around 20 degress - quite excellent by Manchester standards
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    Resident as in residing in the ADOM forum. Isn't that what it means?
    yeah, just pulling your chain dude

Quote Originally Posted by moomoo View Post

Apparently its some kind of plastic horn (vuvuzela?) the south africans like play in games.
    Horrible, I hope they ban it! Ban it!
    Ha ha, ban it? Not a chance in hell. Besides, you are mistaken - its cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Grey View Post
    Weather is predicted to be sunny and around 20 degress - quite excellent by Manchester standards
    Well that sounds perfect. I can't really enjoy much more than 25 anyway (I am so living in the wrong country these days).

Ha ha, ban it? Not a chance in hell. Besides, you are mistaken - its cool.
    Incorrect. It is lame. It would be cool if they blew it for a reason, like when someone gets a goal. But all the time? Annoying.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again. If I knew scripture like you, I'd prolly be an athiest too.. -gut

/l、
    (゚、 。 7  
     l、 ~ヽ   
     じしf_, )ノ

The world cup is boring in the U.S.A. In Europe it rocks. Unfortunately, I will not be in Europe this summer. So I'm not gonna care about it.

argentina will probably do well but it has nothing to do with maradona. one of the best to ever play, no doubt, but he has no idea how to coach. they have a great team right now though. will they win? i hope so but i'd like to see paraguay do well, maybe if cabanhas hadn't gotten shot theyd have a better chance.

SOCCER RULES!

If I were that English goalkeeper, I'd find myself a nice secluded rock to hide under until the next match

Go USA!
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

I'm not watching it but I'm gonna root for my home team.

GO U.S.A!!!!

(btw it's soccer, football is a totally different sport that other countries just have not seen the potential in)
    When in darkness, you can always see the light (unless you're in ADOM)

Most successful combos for me: Grey elf wizards, trollish healers, dark elf beast-fighters, Gnomey monks, and any race barbarians.