Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314 LastLast

Thread: W?reldbeker, World Cup, Weltmeistershaft; its coming, yet we debate colons?

Someone else's I am afraid.

So, good game from the Dutch - I would like them a bit more if they cut out some of the diving, but fair play to them, some nice goals scored... could they actually win themselves a World Cup?

That was a good game from them? The Uruguayos ran nearly twice as much. There was a good case for offside on that second goal too.

I'm not particularly impressed. Whoever reaches the final, it will be far from impossible to beat this Dutch team.

(And now that I've posted this, Germany will beat Spain to qualify for the final only to get utterly smashed. What have I done?!)
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

Only the first Dutch goal was impressive (what a strike!) and Paraguay had a tasty response from Forlan later on (even if it was half the keeper's fault it went in). I could easily see Spain or Germany winning this final with ease. Still, it's shown once again that by hook or by crook Holland win matches. When was the last time they even drew a game...?
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble View Post
    (I know my national team, they will rarely score more goals than strictly necessary to win )

However, after seeing Germany crush Argentina, I am not expecting the Dutch to win the cup. Then again, it is hard to make predictions, especially about the future.
    Last edited by grobblewobble; 07-06-2010 at 10:33 PM.
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

Yeah, good. They won a world cup semifinal with three goals from open play. How is that not good? You all note that good is not fantastic, brilliant, fear inspiring, intimidating, dare I say it, awesome.

So a good game for the Dutch.

Luckily for neutrals, if the Dutch play like that again in the final, they should be soundly beaten by Spain, or hopefully Germany.

/good is almost as lame as nice

Sorry, Silfir. An octopus has predicted that Spain will win. Germany is doomed.

http://www.football.co.uk/blogs/5015/931107.shtml
    You steal a scroll labelled HITME. The orc hits you.

You know our opponent the one time Paul was wrong?

Euro 2008 Final: Spain.

Maybe he just confused the two? Oracles can make mistakes, after all, even if they can see the future.
    ADOM Guides - whatever you wanted to know about playing a certain class, but have been afraid to ask!

Check out my youtube channel to see my ADOM videos, including a completed playthrough of the game. I try to give instructions, so if you want to see some place you haven't been before and get some hints on how to deal with it, this might help! There's also some other games featured there that you might find interesting.

HALFTIME VERDICT:

Spain does what Spain does best and you can't help but admire their play. Germany gets to show off some pretty decent defending overall and has created some dangerous chances.

This could go either way. Either the German defense cracks, or they manage to plow through the Spain defense just once (which hasn't yet had a chance to really shine at their job). And after that, the game has the potential to get even more heart-rending. I can definitely see extra time happening too.

Screw you Paul.

Oh well. It wasn't a shame to lose to such a brilliant team. Would definitely rather have Spain take the cup now.

I can't see how the Netherlands could possibly face up to the Spanish team after that display. They can only hope for a noble loss... I'll enjoy seeing them get slaughtered

Nice that we'll have a completely new World Cup winner this year. And the fact that neither team have ever faced each other in a professional tournament should add some interest to the final.
    Platinum Edition ADOMer
    http://gamesofgrey.com - check out my roguelikes!